The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo rear tire choice?

tony tt

As some of you know I'll be going single shorty. I just wondered what the recommendations were for a small single? The car won't be over 600hp but will be pretty close to it. I've Toyo T1-R on just now in 275/35/18 I was thinking of the R888 but I've heard they don't last long at all. I do need rears now but do I order the same again or try another brand? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't buy R888's if you use the car everyday. I couldn't stand mine and the road noise was awful!

Yeah I'm getting that feeling also. Lots of people saying that to me on Facebook. I'm looking at mitchilin pilot super sports just now they seem quite good.

I've got Michelin PS3 in BPU 265/35/18, and the car Spins in 2nd gear, great tyres so far, but need more for the single... So I recently purchase for my single build, Federal 595 RS-R in 285/30/18, great reviews here, and great value for the money, as soon as I received the order with the tyres I make a review. In the past I have R888's, no more than 3000km and I need a tyre change with some track and street abuse.

I've actually replaced the R888's with Toyos latest offering, the T1 Sports (not the old T1s or T1r's), and they're brilliant so far. Excellent grip, no road noise and seem okay in the wet. A cheaper option than some of the alternatives above but leaves enough room for a spare set of rims and dedicated track tyres for when you go to Santapod or a track day etc.

Ok guys thanks all for the input nice one.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeps the TOYO T1-R's on, they are they stick better than any other road tyre I have ever tried.

You should be fine with 275's

I may just do that mate as I'm sure you hoon the car as much as I do :)

Keeps the TOYO T1-R's on, they are they stick better than any other road tyre I have ever tried.

You should be fine with 275's

Yep my bpu couldn't un stick them. I've got michelin pilot sports on my single I think. And wouldn't say they are brilliant. Nothing wrong with them but when they are ready I'll be putting toyos on