The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650bhp - 66mm Batmowheel Billet Turbo - Whifbitz kit

Pig

imageHi all,

Taken me a long time since I fitted the kit but I finally did a proper power run today and got 650bhp @ 1.5 bar.

I couldn't get the boost any higher due to 0.5bar waste gate spring but more power to come with harder springs.

I am proud to say that the car is still running a version 1 AEM and was road mapped by myself :eyebrows:

Big thanks to Whifbitz for the parts and installation and Austec Racing for a great dyne day and use of the workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUtT6p4N6U

Edited by Pig (see edit history)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/30/yge4azeq.jpgHi all,

Taken me a long time since I fitted the kit but I finally did a proper power run today and got 650bhp @ 1.5 bar.

I couldn't get the boost any higher due to 0.5bar waste gate spring but more power to come with harder springs.

I am proud to say that the car is still running a version 1 AEM and was road mapped by myself :eyebrows:

Big thanks to Whifbitz for the parts and installation and Austec Racing for a great dyne day and use of the workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUtT6p4N6U

Well done mate, :D might just be my ears decieving me but sounds like its spinning up a bit on the dyno, or is that just me

Great power at such low boost! Well done...

Also think this needs to be included here :D

Awesome :D car should be white, so its red white and blue ;)

Well done mate, :D might just be my ears decieving me but sounds like its spinning up a bit on the dyno, or is that just m

Awesome :D car should be white, so its red white and blue ;)

Yeah it was spinning them up, but not too much on that run. Some of the other runs it was very obvious.

Need to get a normal set of road tyres for the rollers really but I don't see that happening in a hurry as they are no good on the road as I still run stock rims.

Nice car mate was good to meet you today.

Likewise - Yours is very nice and look forward running against you at some point :)

Nice figure mate! Looked like a good day.

Thanks, Im please given the speed of spool and low boost - Shame you couldn't be there but I will look forward to seeing you on the Dragon Ball

What kit did you have before?!

I have a Boost Logic T61 with BL Manifold (Cracking turbo!)

Yeah it was spinning them up, but not too much on that run. Some of the other runs it was very obvious.

Need to get a normal set of road tyres for the rollers really but I don't see that happening in a hurry as they are no good on the road as I still run stock rims.

Ah cool, I was correct :D

I like it with the stock rims on, looks stealthy, or as stealthy as the supra can be, then when you put your foot down its a hyperspace button :D I would probably also stick with the stock 17's if I had a UK car :)

Same turbo as me, i found mine abit laggy on the 6 speed diff compared to my old phr, although the sound and the power is savage now:)

I know what you mean but I never ran the T61 on the manual diff which has meant I can't compare apples with apples.

I will put a uk auto diff back on at some point as I prefer that setup.

When the power arrives it hits and holds power right through to the rev limit of 8k.

I may run more boost and a higher RPM - would be a bloody quick spooling turbo with even more power!

where did you get the tires from and how much :D

I got them a few years back. They are a similar price to normal tyres.

Not sure exactly how much or where.

Not sure if they are road legal though as they say for competition use only, not recommended for road use.

Nice result. congrats and respect for the mapping. ;)

Thanks, I really enjoying doing it. It was challenging to learn/get to grips with but very rewarding.

I hope to do a lot more it it as time goes on

I have a video as well of it spinning on the dyno. A lot of people were wondering why your driver side rear wheel was pink, then it became obvious

Cool, get it posted.

Nice pic, what a nice colourful road

Edited by Pig (see edit history)