The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Sweden! new supra owner here!

Guest alexander891

Guest alexander891

Hi guys! My name is Alexander and i currently live in Sweden.

I've got an 1993 6 Spd UK-Spec Toyota Supra with some smaller modifications like Blitz Twin SBC (outdated iknow), Ultra Turbo Timer, 3,5" exhaust, front-mounted intercooler and Greddy BCC. As of now it's running like shit when turbo #2 kicks in, until i hit 6 - 7k rpm then it's all fine. I think i might be getting fuel-cut but since this is my first Supra i can't really tell.

If anyone knows what it might be feel free to comment and help! :)

Sorry if my english is a bit rusty.

Welcome to the Club

There is a membership fee which lets you into the full Forum

£10 a year or £30 for life I think it was

As for your problem, could be a lot of things from your general description, I would suggest a more detailed description of the fault

This Forum is a wealth of knowledge, but you just need to give as much information as possible

Your English seems fine, so no problem there, good luck and welcome

Guest alexander891

I'm gonna try my hardest to explain, might shoot a video tmrw. As soon as i hit 4k rpm i get unstable boost pressure, it's flippering between 0.7 - 1.1 bar and revs really slow and it continues like this until i hit 6k. Oh! this only occurs in third, fourth, fifth and sixth gear, on first and second it's fine.

Should i open my BCC and adjust it maybe?

Guest alexander891
Welcome to the Club

There is a membership fee which lets you into the full Forum

£10 a year or £30 for life I think it was

As for your problem, could be a lot of things from your general description, I would suggest a more detailed description of the fault

This Forum is a wealth of knowledge, but you just need to give as much information as possible

Your English seems fine, so no problem there, good luck and welcome

I'm gonna try my hardest to explain, might shoot a video tmrw. As soon as i hit 4k rpm i get unstable boost pressure, it's flippering between 0.7 - 1.1 bar and revs really slow and it continues like this until i hit 6k. Oh! this only occurs in third, fourth, fifth and sixth gear, on first and second it's fine.

Should i open my BCC and adjust it maybe?

I'm no expert but i'd be looking at vsv's and boost leaks, you could try the 5min ttc mod and see if the problems are still there,

here's the guide;

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/andy.htm

obviously at 4k the second turbo is coming online so the egcv vsv could well be the problem, I had this on mine before, it used to boost briefly to 0.9 then tail off to 0.7, but would often fluctuate too and slow revs throughout, also make sure all the plugs are connected properly, may well even find someone previously has played around with this all before and not put it all back correctly.

Also to add, when I had problems with this what would have helped me loads was knowing that you should see the iacv and egcv actuators operating when revving the engine from the bay, I kept going out driving to test the system when I simply could have been doing this on the driveway, you'll need to rev past 4k to get the egcv to move :) this was years ago I did this, but I think i'm right :)

if all else fails, go single :D

Edited by Tom (see edit history)