The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banger racing supra 😞

Suprakeith

Went to my local metal recycling yard today to weight in some bits and the bloke has 5 supra's for banger racing 3 mkiii types and two Mkiv supra, plus he had just purchased a black Mkiv shell today that he going to turn into banger racer.

Was totally shocked to see supra's being used for banger racing. Shows they strong solid cars. Spoke to the owner of yard about it and they pull the 2jz out and fit a ford 2.8 engine. And they just scrap the engine weather it n/a or turbo

They are probably past saving anyway. Too badly crashed to repair for the road. If there is anything good on them keron would have had it :p.

nobody is going to rescue a dented to shit shell from a scrappy. When you can get a road worthy driveable na for 2k :p

Where as a banger racer will take a supra that's been rolled. That nobody will repair. Have some fun and give people some entertainment. THEN send it to be crushed.

The people who do it in classics like rollers is a bit extreme. But I bet half of em are as rotten as hell and past it anyway

I thought bangers couldn't use fuel injection .

Yeah you have been able to for years. You have to have a fuel injection tank usually on the H frame or passenger floor, but you have to have a cut off key accessable to both the driver and marshalls that actually cuts the power.

I know someone that races Supra's. I've told him if he comes across 6spd's or TT's to call me.