The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need some education on single turbo and manual box conversion

sean2kuk

Hi everyone.....

Only had a supra about 6 weeks and learning about different modifications. ....can somebody explain about going single and manual conversions with cost ect?

Going single what turbo to use and expected bhp?

Is the manual box a w58? I think ive seen that somewhere....

Current car is a baltic blue 93 GZ TT auto

Single turbo conversions done properly will be over £10k. Manual conversions for a TT go for around £4k at the moment I think. You don't want to use the five-speed W58 with a single turbo. You need a six-speed V160/V161 for that sort of torque. To find out which turbos and power levels are good, have a search on here. It's been covered loads of times :)

Single turbo conversions done properly will be over £10k. Manual conversions for a TT go for around £4k at the moment I think. You don't want to use the five-speed W58 with a single turbo. You need a six-speed V160/V161 for that sort of torque. To find out which turbos and power levels are good, have a search on here. It's been covered loads of times :)

It can be cheaper if you buy 2nd hand parts and collect them

Also dont rule out the autobox, there are a few on here that run them and they are very good when rebuilt.

Hi everyone.....

Only had a supra about 6 weeks and learning about different modifications. ....can somebody explain about going single and manual conversions with cost ect?

Going single what turbo to use and expected bhp?

Is the manual box a w58? I think ive seen that somewhere....

Current car is a baltic blue 93 GZ TT auto

Have you even tried BPU? i still don't understand why people would want more power! I'm not far from you will give you a whizz in mine when the roads are dry.

Have you even tried BPU? i still don't understand why people would want more power! I'm not far from you will give you a whizz in mine when the roads are dry.

That would be brilliant. ...I would like to experience a BPU supra before I spend the cash on the bits for it.....

.....I currently have a blitz nur spec car back and its not that loud to be honest

It can be cheaper if you buy 2nd hand parts and collect them

Also dont rule out the autobox, there are a few on here that run them and they are very good when rebuilt.

Been discussed to death, but if I were doing it I'd be using brand new parts that I know will work from day one. There are enough variables involved in a build like that without worry about perished seals and leaky diaphragms.

That would be brilliant. ...I would like to experience a BPU supra before I spend the cash on the bits for it.....

.....I currently have a blitz nur spec car back and its not that loud to be honest

Have you still got the cats fitted? Get a first and second decat and a restrictor ring for some more noise :cool:

I should be around Sat, if its nice Ill take a drive over to halifax :) will PM you my number.

Been discussed to death, but if I were doing it I'd be using brand new parts that I know will work from day one. There are enough variables involved in a build like that without worry about perished seals and leaky diaphragms.

It all depends on your budget and whether your willing to take the risks that go with buying 2nd hand parts.

Weather for sat is supposed to be good....

I have a slight dilemma and I may put it up in a wanted thread.

On monday I removed my wheels and gave them over to the bodyshop for respraying....I was expecting to have back.tomorrow but his suppliers have let him down.so now there prepped for paint but just no paint.....

Im going to spain on sunday for a week and I wanted my car in the garage away from any little shits who might damage her.

Currently its on my drive on axel stands so has anyone got a spare set I could use till I get bk from my weeks holiday?

I will not be driving the car I just want to get it into garage....its a single car garage so I can only drive it in......

PSX_20140325_185504.jpg

Weather for sat is supposed to be good....

I have a slight dilemma and I may put it up in a wanted thread.

On monday I removed my wheels and gave them over to the bodyshop for respraying....I was expecting to have back.tomorrow but his suppliers have let him down.so now there prepped for paint but just no paint.....

Im going to spain on sunday for a week and I wanted my car in the garage away from any little shits who might damage her.

Currently its on my drive on axel stands so has anyone got a spare set I could use till I get bk from my weeks holiday?

I will not be driving the car I just want to get it into garage....its a single car garage so I can only drive it in......

I have a spare set mate ;)

You can borrow them as long as you want, there stock 16" the tyres are just about legal on them

Ill PM you my number

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)