The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lean idle/emanage / 550 injectors

Fly

Well managed to do some of my final jobs to get he car going at last, it's the first time she's been off jacks in six months.

Anyway most will know my build, na-t t61 standard xspower stuff, water meth, etc

I've recently changed the headgasket.....twice due to my own stupidity and go round to firing her up today. Now the old spec was the ge headgasket with 440 injectors and I have just upgraded to 550s so thinking the map would be fine I set about setting up the ignition timing with the aid of forum members.

After I had set the ignition.timing I noticed the afrs were super lean 18-19 when warm . This surprised me as I expected them to be richer with the larger jets.

Anyway I dug out the laptop and started playing with the injector adjustment map. The only way I could get a good idle was to input a sum of 50 into the active cells at idle which produced a 14.5 afr.

Now my worry is that this number was 6.5 before and I changed it to 50, I think emanage can only accept cell values up to 100 so I am assuming I will run out of room higher up the rev range when under load?!

However data logging the emanage showed that the injector output duty cycle was only 1.5-2% at idle

What the hell is going on?

Fuel pump seemed fine with steady base pressure of 4 bar and a running pressure of 3.5 with vacuum.

Checked the injectors were all firing correctly and they seem to be.

The only thing I did not input was an injector dead time but surely that would not account for such a huge difference?!

You've never had this running right buddy. If I was you, I'd start removing all the fueling system and seeing how it runs as close to stock as you can get it.

If it's running lumpy, I'd swap the fuel pressure to stock, change the injectors and remove the EMU so it runs stock fuel with the OEM ecu. If the problems still there, you know it isn't what you've added.

I'd definitely try and remove bits to help fault find. You've done so much already, just strip it back, and add item by item. Otherwise it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack with the searched bails never being removed!

Will do buddy, now where did I put those 330s!?

She runs like a treat I'm not saying that I'm saying the input value was a lot higher than was in there in the first place yet the duty cycle was no where near.

I'm away for a few weeks but I'm going to put the stock jets, pump etc back in.