The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz exhaust

Si_s Supe

Needing a new exhaust for my NA. I have to admit, I'd like it a little bit noisy! Love the I6 sound.

But, last thing I want is for it to drone inside on the motorway! So, a few questions-

Will the Whifbitz single box be stoopid loud or will be easy to live with?

Will the Whifbitz twin box be really quiet??

Being NA, it seems the 2.5" system would be better suited, but if I fitted a 3" system, would it have a drastic effect on performance? 3" would be more conducive to future plans.

The Whifbitz 2.5" single box with 2nd decat was a nice tone. Quite loud on a cold start up but other than that it was great. Not droning on long Motorway Journeys but a good rumble in the lower gears whilst driving 'normally'

This was after I first had it fitted with both cats still in place.

[video=youtube_share;HZm-hYNtElM]

My NA has a 3" Japspeed with no cats.

It can drone sometimes but also sounds very very meaty, much more so than an NA actually is :D

Best solution is to get what I've got - loud exhaust for the soundz, but a bung/silencer for longer trips. Takes 20 seconds to bolt in and out.

Thank you. What exhaust is it? Does it drone in the car??

I am not 100% sure as I didn't fit it but from the service history it says it has a HKS resonator section honed 1st cat and then unkown 2nd decat and back box.

Oh and it does drone a bit at motorway speeds yep, not to bad around town though. However it is very loud when on it.

Thanks for that. Every NA I've heard in the flesh with a decat has sounded raspy / tinny as arseholes! What was this one like??

It wasn't too bad to be honest. If you revved it then towards the higher end of the revs it has a raspy sound.

I have a 3" on mine, I originally had 2nd decat but put the cat back on because it was so loud and it did drone on the motorway. After I but the cat back on it was still too loud so bought a bung off eBay and it made a big difference, it also increased the back pressure slightly which made a noticeable improvement to the performance. If I were you I'd get the twin box 2.5" from Whifbitz.

Originally I had the OEM exhaust, and that was too quite.

then I put a second decat in on my NA and that was still too quite

then I had a silent (?) hi power 3" twin box and that was loud

then I then put a 2.5" whifbitz single box, but that was still loud.

then I had a small second box welded in (same place as the second box on the whifbitz) and it is now just right - purrs along without excessive noise and doesnt give me a headache after an hour or so on the motorway

Chris