The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Gt300 Bodykit to newly purchased Supra - Wheel + Tyre recommendations?

supra_24

Hi guys,

Just purchased a new Toyota Supra, which is currently being restored.

I am looking to put a a Gt300 bodykit on the car, but need to know what sort of alloys and tyres would sit right with this particular kit?

Therefore would you guys kindly be able to give an idea of the wheel PCD, the offset, width and so fourth and the tyres that would go along with this?

Im currently looking at some rota's with either 9 or 9.5 width, possibly with et25, would these stick out too far?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have veilside arches I believe stick out as far as the gt300 arches and I have Rota gtr-d 12x18 et20 and have to use 20mm spacers.

Someone may correct me but am I right in thinking a et0 would eliminate the use of spacers and add more dish?

If you wanted you could probably fit a 14" wide rim under those rear arches.

On a Top Secret GT300 kit, you'll be wanting wider than that. The GT300 kitted car I looked at before buying mine had 18x13s on the rear. I don't know what offset they were right enough.

Keep in mind that an 11.5J ET50 will fit under a stock rear arch, so going widebody will require something even larger/more aggressive to sit right. :thumbs:

Depending on the offsets used you can fit 11" fronts and 13" wide rears, please don't

ruin it and fit virtually stock width wheels in silly offsets with spacers

Perhaps an email to Titan Motorsports might be a good idea or post in their traders

section on here

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

you talking to me mate?

I wasn't since you have sold your kit, but if you dont' mind could you PM the guy that you bought if from and ask him how was the fitting?

Do you remember how was the quality of the fibreglass? was it sturdy or thin and flimsy?

Will let you all know once the kit is fitted ;)

Also found out that you can get away with 10j width alloys with this kit using 25mm spacers. Which is what i will most likely do.

However driftworks sell rota gtr d 12j width as well.

You can get away with 6j wheels with spacers, as said fit the kit then buy a wheel that fits. There's nothing worse than a fat rear end then looking underneath to find no rubber it looks silly.

You might wanna consider a custom wheel with the correct offset etc that fills the arch, then a 355/30/19 tyre.

You will also need to cut a few inches off your original arch to allow for the wheel to tuck into the wheel under compression.

Newera Imports sourced Gt300 Car had Work Meister S1's of 10J width on the front and 11J width on the rear, with correct offset for this bodykit (No Wheel spacers are fitted). Tyres are Yokohama sports compound of sizes 245/40ZR18 front & 275/35/ZR18 Rear

http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDetails.jsp?carId=135

If I was you, put on the kit and measure the offsets then get some nice 2nd hand work meisters or work wheels etc Look better than the GTR-D Rota's

http://www.jdmdistro.com/product-category/wheels/