The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom bonnet vent

Mk4Gaz

Hi guys, been working on this over the last couple of weeks, when I've had spare time. It's mostly done now, and ready for paint, and I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.

Would appreciate any feedback before I commit to painting it :thumbs:

Do like that, very similar to the Do-Luck bonnet

The only thing I would change is where it goes narrow I would widen it or use straight lines going narrow as it kinda looks like someone left a chisel there

I don't mean to be rude but that's what I would do

Do like that, very similar to the Do-Luck bonnet

The only thing I would change is where it goes narrow I would widen it or use straight lines going narrow as it kinda looks like someone left a chisel there

I don't mean to be rude but that's what I would do

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/52fe78ee41264b95542cd4a7325bf204_zpscebb8a4b.jpg

This, looks very nice but exactly this I don't like look of the long part before the scoop.

• 2 months later...

Well after all this time, I've finally had the bonnet moulded, and picked the first one up today.

It was too big for me to do at home, so I called upon the help of a good friend of mine, who is a bit of a fibreglass expert.

He's taught me most of what I know about it, and is the reason why I do all my little mods at home!

I've got to get it painted, but ive test fitted it, and it fits like a dream!

Thanks gents!

Al, I had a stock bonnet to start with, modded it by adding the vent, then moulded it to create a copy/copies.

I knew the aluminium bonnet, with a vent moulded in would eventually crack - they always do, as the two materials have different swell/shrink properties. This way, a full fg copy will stay solid :)

Thanks gents!

Al, I had a stock bonnet to start with, modded it by adding the vent, then moulded it to create a copy/copies.

I knew the aluminium bonnet, with a vent moulded in would eventually crack - they always do, as the two materials have different swell/shrink properties. This way, a full fg copy will stay solid :)

That's awesome

However I had a plastic vent in my alu bonnet and it never cracked/swelled or shrank.

I may have an idea for something I need/want doing

Ha ha, thanks chaps.

Today I've been getting it ready for paint, in between water fights and a bbq! The inside is done, and I've had a go at filling the lower funnel section. It's almost done, can't wait to get it fitted!

I won't be fitting an led scanner inside the vent though :rlol:

Ha ha, thanks chaps.

Today I've been getting it ready for paint, in between water fights and a bbq! The inside is done, and I've had a go at filling the lower funnel section. It's almost done, can't wait to get it fitted!

I won't be fitting an led scanner inside the vent though :rlol:

199 silver remember...