The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone is Scotland own a TT Supra.....

gordy.r

Random question I know, but as a keen buyer in the market for a TT auto, I was wondering if any kind soul up in sunny Scotland could maybe take me out for a quick spin in their Sup.

Why might you ask...newly if I'm honest, I'm reluctant to get rid of my current whip in case I am disappointed with the Supra!

I would obviously come to you and give you some pennies for your fuel.

I'm not after a hair raising teeth grinding spin round the Nurburgring, just an insight into Supra ownership and maybe a few face to face pointers and buying tips.

Thanks in advance.

:-)

Like westy has said, there's a fair few Supra's that way! Everything from NA auto to TT6 and soon a single auto. If I'm at home and get the car finished I might come down again for longer and could take you out mate.

I took out westy last time to show him the launch control, he's been in my car as an auto and now 6 speed :)

Hi all, many thanks for the replies!

Yeah it's a TT auto I am looking at. Would love a manual but an old left knee sports injury over the years has out an end to spirited driving with lots of clutching and changing gears :-(

Currently got an Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro DSG (stage 1 tuned), whilst I know this isn't the quickest car on earth, the 4 wheel drive and launch control are really impressive and that is what I fear I may lose with a Supra.

Don't get me wrong, I may as well be driving a kettle in terms of looks, as in my eyes nothing really tops the lines and curves of a supra. I suppose it's that delve into the unknown, hence the little request lol :-)

Once you feel the kickdown in a bpu auto supra your worries will be gone ;)

This. I hadn't driven the car for a few weeks but Kirk came round ours yesterday and fitted my new speakers. Decided to take him home in the Supe (55 miles round trip), on my way back I was giggling like a school girl when the second turbo came in. The car behind me on the M60 must have thought I had made the jump to light speed...!!

H.

Few of us are meeting at Xscape on the 28th at 6pm then going to the NA nonsense racing super car Scotland meet. If you want to see some cars we will be there next week mate.

Ahhhh I'd love to, but driving up to Wester Ross for the weekend :(

Thanks for the offer though!

I only reside in sunny Dumbarton, so Xscape isn't too far away anyways when I am free to pop over :)

I have been looking at your for sale advert... A very nice car! :)

If i were you I'd buy it before someone else gets in there. Won't get one as good for the money laid on a plate like that again for a while once it goes. Not bumping the for sale thread either as it will sell no problem ;)

Ahhhh I'd love to, but driving up to Wester Ross for the weekend :(

Thanks for the offer though!

I only reside in sunny Dumbarton, so Xscape isn't too far away anyways when I am free to pop over :)

I am also in Dumbarton. Whereabouts are you?

I don't have a TT Supra just now but the next best thing a TT Aristo.

Hi buddy. Ive had both car the Audi 3.2 dsg and plenty supras. The audi is no match what so ever compared to a supra tt auto. Yeah you will have better lunch off the line in the wet but once the supra starts going then its night and day diffrence.

Supra drives better, handles better, stops better, faster, cooler, just a all round better car.

If you had a Audi A8 W12 like i did then its a close match.

Just an observation and I'm nowhere near Scotland .....(or have a TT for that matter)......but why has it taken you so long to request a trip out in a soop? I notice you joined the club in 2007 :blink:

Always been a fan of the Supra, but for some reason never bought one.

My car ownership is extensive and has included a 300bhp MR2 Turbo and a 500bhp Skyline GT-R.... Suppose I've just just been waiting in the wings for the right time to own one.

If i were you I'd buy it before someone else gets in there. Won't get one as good for the money laid on a plate like that again for a while once it goes. Not bumping the for sale thread either as it will sell no problem ;)

I know, it does look a really nice car, and is pretty much everything I am after... With one exception, I need a '99-'02 vvti so I can stick my "V" reg private plate on lol :hide:

Obviously if I can't source what I am after I will go for a slightly older car, but still going to try and hold out for a vvti if I can.

I've waited this long for a Supra, I'm kinda hoping I can get the one I want :)

I know, it does look a really nice car, and is pretty much everything I am after... With one exception, I need a '99-'02 vvti so I can stick my "V" reg private plate on lol :hide:

Obviously if I can't source what I am after I will go for a slightly older car, but still going to try and hold out for a vvti if I can.

I've waited this long for a Supra, I'm kinda hoping I can get the one I want :)

Definitely hold out for the one that you want, but don't be naive about what it will cost to get it ;)

Oh no, I'm well aware of the cost, have been looking at importing one myself, done that a few years ago with an MR2. But have also seen a nice low mileage '00 plate coming in to the UK soon with whom I've been chatting to the import company about.

Longest I've ever owned a car was 2 years and that was the GTR, I get itchy feet and always want for more power, I'm sure you all know how it is lol

I'm in Dumbarton East, yourself? I've probably seen you around, that's quite a rare ride you have! lol

I am up in the new houses in Lomondgate. You might have seen the Aristo it is dark blue with 20's on it and it is lowered a bit lol. You would have recognised my old Supra probably it was Red and both cars carried my L18 MSY plate.

Did you have a white Skyline at somepoint?