The mkiv Supra Owners Club

panelbeater *&^%ed my car up

zaheer0027

so my car has been at the body shop for 3 months just to get bumpers and skirts painted and fitted.

eventually when i go pick it up, its parked in exactly the same place i left it and the following issues,

-the bumpers are 80% sprayed

-non of the parts are fitted

-the car has small rust spots all over and paintwork is feeling rough. probably from parking totally exposed to the elements for the best part of 3 months. sort of like measles for my car.

-my rhs rear view mirror and housing is broken

now im pretty pissed off so i just took the car and parts away. my immediate concern is the body. what is the correct product to use to get my cars body back to the shiny, silky finish it was before this turd messed it up ?

any help appreciated

regards

zaheer

Not that this helps, but if they've had it for 3 months and not done any work really, did you check the mileage before you dropped it off, just in case they've been using it?

I'd always be concerned about leaving my car with someone else to get work done, as you never know what they're doing with the car. I'd only go to someone highly recommended that is happy to show their previous work so you know what you're getting into.

Definitely make sure they don't just get away with it if there's lasting damage to the paintwork.

Good luck!

Take it to a better bodyshop

agreed

- - - Updated - - -

if its just fall out and stuff give it a good wash then clay it seal and wax , if its worse than that it might need a machine polish. id certainly get the bodyshop to pay

i was considering machine polish. i will try this thanks bud

Not that this helps, but if they've had it for 3 months and not done any work really, did you check the mileage before you dropped it off, just in case they've been using it?

I'd always be concerned about leaving my car with someone else to get work done, as you never know what they're doing with the car. I'd only go to someone highly recommended that is happy to show their previous work so you know what you're getting into.

Definitely make sure they don't just get away with it if there's lasting damage to the paintwork.

Good luck!

no worries because the interior is stripped no seats etc so the car wasnt going anywhere. and i did check the mileage it hasnt changed. on the upside i was owing him some money for another job which obviously he is not going to get a cent for in lieu of the current condition of my car.

yeah i had this happen to me on another car many years ago. cutting and grinding near it and the sparks settled on my car, some etched themselves into the paint. All went rusty. Was a right pig to get out :(

tried everything and never did get it back to perfect. Get some detailed pictures while there still bad before trying to fix it as you might need them later

good luck :( sorry to about your issues. business like this make me sick

Tim

Definitely sounds like grinding marks mate, I was grinding near my dads van and the same thing happened its like tiny rust spots where the sparks have landed. Never tried to remove them but I'd imagine give it a good clean and then move on to clay then polish then a wax as a sealer hopefully they've not caused permanent damage to the paint.

and here is my car as it stands in my garage now. i have put the oem rear bumper back on for now. my trd spoiler still needs to be painted. the best part of this whole saga is my set of used facelift lights still look good through this whole mess. and they only cost me 90POUND NEAR PERFECT CONDITION.;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182461[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182462[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182463[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182464[/ATTACH]