The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A shortage

formatzero

Im going to be honest I think there is a start to a shortage on all models of mkiv's. Decent ones that is. Most have been used and abused or slipped into the hands of owners that don't care for them, especially with NA's as they re cheap to get hold of so people don't maintain them. Some arnt going to pay for 2k's worth of suspension re-fresh, or new brakes, tyres, geo on a 1.5-2k car.

If you just want a cheap one then theres loads about. Personally i would rather hand over top wack for a car and get a cherished example. If i was to sell my na i would ask 5k all day, and if i total everything up i would still be loosing about 12k at least.

It would be interesting to hear some new feedback on them. I don't think any of the importers really bother with Supras any more, they're becoming more expensive in Japan, and good ones are hard to find over there now. Add to that all the Europeans coming over and taking a lot of ours explains why there are so few now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also na6 never see one of them

Sadly, the fate of many NA6s is transplant parts for other cars. :(

I'd agree there is a definite shortage in general and especially of quality or even just plain good examples.

There are the odd ones that come up and the market the way it is the good ones tend to have to be priced close to the average/bad ones to get sold so there are chances of picking up a good deal.

There are a few private ones being flipped by traders but these have been NA auto's, there is a silver facelift on ebay that a private (ebay!) seller sold for £1950 and it's now up for £3,795 and looks a nice car (especially at the first price!)

You need to be watching like a hawk and act quick to grab the good and reasonably priced ones but the days of specifying colour transmission type and age etc are pretty much gone or you'll have to wait an age or track down a current owner and hassle them to part with it.

I'm personally trying to maintain my NA to as high a standard as I can afford.

I've been tempted (a lot) by the V8 swap recently but there really don't seem to be a huge amount of manual NAs for sale very often.

Yes they are scoffed at by the big power guys but for me it isn't all about that, which is why if I can maintain mine to a high standard I'd want a very decent price for it when it comes to selling it on.

I've been tempted (a lot) by the V8 swap recently but there really don't seem to be a huge amount of manual NAs for sale very often.

Yes they are scoffed at by the big power guys but for me it isn't all about that, which is why if I can maintain mine to a high standard I'd want a very decent price for it when it comes to selling it on.

Agree with you there,

Im happy with the N/A and spend what i can to keep it in top condition for me,as i enjoy it as it is.

Far Too many good condition supras of any breed breaking for spares imo

Here, here!

I agree totally with this man :thumbs: