The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been for a drive. Pic heavy

ripped_fear

Cant see the pictures, But rock no numberplate till told otherwise. When stopped just say ' sorry forgot to re-fit it after a show. I will do it now' and they are happy

Thats what im going to do i think. :)

Nice! :cool: first and last pics in particular are cool. No plate makes such a difference. I don't suppose you've got a link for your titan surround bud? Is it american plate sized or uk import plate sized?

Thanks bud :) The surround is handmade by my self as you cant get a jap size one, its made from plastic, painted in matt black. Then had a vynl company make the decals from a picture. Im going to be getting a us size one soon and have a custom plate made to fit the us spec.

Looks very nice mate and lovely surroundings. And as far as no plate goes i got away with it for 3 weeks and then got pulled on a 'random check' and got fined £100 w**kers

Really! :O maybe i will re-fit haha. Ive made a removable numberplate bracket so it doesnt take much to fit and remove

Thanks bud :) The surround is handmade by my self as you cant get a jap size one, its made from plastic, painted in matt black. Then had a vynl company make the decals from a picture. Im going to be getting a us size one soon and have a custom plate made to fit the us spec.

I'll be watching the progress of that one then Jake, cheers :)

Did you have the plate in the car to re-fit ??

Yes. Even pulled it out and showed the p*g and he still fined me £100. Plus i think it depends which part off the country your in. Some police dont mind and some can be a real pain. Glasgow police is know for being the worst in the uk for road traffic offences. Was in the papers too.

Edited by Hassan (see edit history)

Yes. Even pulled it out and showed the p*g and he still fined me £100. Plus i think it depends which part off the country your in. Some police dont mind and some can be a real pain. Glasgow police is know for being the worst in the uk for road traffic offences. Was in the papers too.

I've drove up and down the country and passed various constabularies both traffic and regular police, had no issues at all and my car doesnt exactly blend in with the normal sports car.

I think Essex might be.......

Saying that I ran no plates for four years until recently, but I think I have been lucky, either that or the fact the Supra don't see alot of mileage .......

Cant see the pictures, But rock no numberplate till told otherwise. When stopped just say ' sorry forgot to re-fit it after a show. I will do it now' and they are happy

I tried this and it did not work.... £60 fine no points and had to take car to an mot center.

It's not worth the ball ache mate, put plate on

Thanks for all the kind comments its days like this, when you can take it out on nice dry roads, and have some fun that make you realize why you own cars like this. The love is truley back :) And it was probably the first time i could see how the coilovers would react when giving it some, and im very happy with them.

It is indeed a shame we cant run with no plate legally, it will go back on im sure. It wont be moving for another week or so anyway so it can wait :)