The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tsia's 1A1 Anthracite TT

Tsia

Hi guys,

Figured I'd do a little thread here both for me to track the 'progress' I make with the Supra and to show some pictures, basically :)

Got her about two months ago when I sold my black NA-TT, but within 2 weeks the turbos were blowing smoke. Took them to get rebuilt and it turns out the internals were a bit more knackered than previously anticipated. One hefty bill later and I had her back on the road...

So, this was my first weekend both with the Supra on the road and with good weather, so I figured I'd give her a wash. So, without further ado, pictures! (Sorry for the blurriness, I'm not a very good photographer ;))

I've had several people telling me otherwise, but I'm putting a stock spoiler back on it at some point in the near future, getting rid of the black number plate surround (it needs spraying beneath) and getting it mopped :D

...then a wheel refurb, bigger injectors, mapped... :innocent:

Very nice. I'm surprised you got rid of the black one it looked really nice in the photos on here. looking forward to seeing this progress.

I loved the black one, but I wanted UK spec brakes and a gearbox that wasn't made of cheese. I tried out this (auto) and loved it, so it felt like the right thing to do. :)

Thanks both!

I was tempted by this one when it popped up for sale previously.

Sorry to hear the news regarding problems, but glad you managed to get them sorted out.

Looks like a very nice car, so hope you manage to get some enjoyment out of it now.

Lovely car! Does it defiantly need painting under the rear number plate bobbins? I know when I took mine off after a little t cut the paint was perfect.

Afraid so, I took it off yesterday and it appears where the previous plate was double sided on, it's just been sprayed over and generally in a bad state beneath it.

Nice car, I'll keep a look out for it in MK :)

Don't see too many around here! :D

Always liked this car, was one of the frequent Supras I saw.

What made you change the front plate out of interest? I thought it looked good with a smaller front than a oblong UK style?

Previous owner changed it, I prefer the smaller front too and may well change back to it in the future :)

Cracking car and glad you got the smoking sorted out :thumbs:

I remember this car originally being posted by the owner down in Surrey who had all work done by AFR and I remember making loads of queries about it before purchasing my first Supra.

Before I managed to go see it, it got sold!

All the best and look forward for updates on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Now I've finally calmed down at my car (hosing problem with 2nd turbo, keeping it stored until I've got the time to fix it.) I've also been thinking about refurbishing my wheels, as one of the previous owners seems to have been a little too happy to get close to kerbs. Just to have a sanity check, does anybody think that having dark grey/gunmetal wheels (possibly with a decal of sorts down a spoke?) looks stupid, or should I go for it? I'll probably be looking to get a set of stock wheels for such a time when I feel like having an almost standard car.

Looks awesome without the wing...maybe just a lip spoiler would finish it off but not the giant stocker.

I miss my 1A1...your's looks fantastic.

Cheers, but I miss the wing! I was driving beside my old black Supra before I sold it, saw the spoiler and decided I have to have it back at some point. Maybe I'll 'grow out of it' or something, but it needs to come back for me :)

Cheers, but I miss the wing! I was driving beside my old black Supra before I sold it, saw the spoiler and decided I have to have it back at some point. Maybe I'll 'grow out of it' or something, but it needs to come back for me :)

Agreed the stock spoiler makes the supra! If you want it then definitely do it, would set your car off a treat!