The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t - TT ffim brutal throttle issue

ballsdeep

Iv Just finished installing the TT ffim on my na-t but I'm struggling to understand why the rpm won't increase, when I accelerate all I get is it bouncing? It doesn't increase over 2k and idles a steady 1k? after a couple of tries the idle sometimes drops to around 6-700rpm and sounds like it wants to stall.

EDIT: I forgot to switch the tps loom plug pins (issue fixed)

One thing I'm not sure on is the correct way the idle control valve fits. (Rubber seal???) Or if a damaged one would cause the same issue, (I might have been abit rough with the compressed air when cleaning it)

EDIT: I installed the rubber seal the wrong way round (issue fixed)

Tps I'm using is from a mazda (plug and play) purchased from David p now Iv tried to set it up but failed miserably!

EDIT: decided to use a TT tps instead

Any help or advise would be a great hopefully it's something simple?

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

Looks good but that's all I can add to this. Sorry hope you get her sorted

Cheers pal I was hoping it would be plug and play then maybe a slight tune up to be complete but that would be too easy :(

It sounds like either the idle circuit in the tps or the tps itself. It thinks you have the throttle shut so it fuel cuts at any rpm over 2k like it would if you lifted at hi rpm.

Lyndon.

What procedure would you take.. Try another tps or persist in trying to adjust it? I might just take it to someone who knows what they are doing..

Think Iv found the problem, went through a few pm's from buster and found I missed something important.. :innocent:

(From buster) And a throttle position sensor from a mk4 TT supra and when fitting tps to loom clip you need to shave the groves off the plug and turn the clip 180' as in connect it backwards.

As the throttle butterfly opens the other way from the na.

Whooops

Very strange it idle high on mine but then we found just turning the tps a little was all it was

With the reving is the tps you have the same as the tt one? As with the tt one you have to skim the clip on the tps and turn the socket 180' so in essence bit reads the right way

Hard to say. a FFIM remap isn't a standard thing. I'd do a few other little mods and then get a cheeky remap while your at it.

What do you have in mind.. I think Iv done as much as i can without taking the head off, Iv just done the 12v mod and removed the damper (would this make any difference?)

I would be really surprised if the ffim would alter the map that much, I wait to be corrected.

:search: I'm not convinced it will make much difference?? I haven't been able to test it properly yet as I can't get the tps set up correctly! Idle is at 1200rpm

Anyone have the correct procedure for tps setting and if I need to set the throttle via the emanage ultimate too? :sos:

• 2 weeks later...

Iv now set the tps and managed to get it to idle at 1k but the problem I'm having is when I accelerate it feels harsh and jerky almost like the butterfly valve is open fully instantly but then sometimes it feels abit lazy?

Do I need to set the throttle on the e-manage ultimate now too?