The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU clutch recomendation required, what & where to go?

M4RK RZ

Guest Budz86

Stock clutch will be fine for bpu mate, but if you plan on upping the power then it would be worth considering something else.

Have a chat with Chris Wilson as he can supply and fit a modified oem clutch to provide more clamping force.

Guest Budz86
I have a TRD single plate, runs perfect at BPU.. Same as stock pedal pressure..

I think they still available from TRD...

I thought they were discontinued? Might have just been a long lead time though and me being impatient!

Centerforce Dual Friction.

Feels like stock and supposedly can take knocking on double the torque of the stock clutch. Fits to the stock flywheel and no rattles or odd noises. I put one in a few years ago (BPU car) and no complaints whatsoever.

The last clutch I had was a standard clutch, but now its slipping from previous experiance I feel it may have failed a little early.

So what 'power' are you looking at for BPU & standard clutch?

I have a BPU running last time I checked had 330bhp at the drive wheels. I changed the clutch late last year after 105,000 miles so there is no reason why a stock clutch can't last a good mileage on a BPU Supra. It just comes down to how its used or abused.

Anyone know what sort of power an uprated CW clutch can hold? I'm BPU at the moment but going single next year looking for around 500hp at the wheels. I was looking at the spec 2+ but if a CW clutch can handle it would prefer one of those

I'm sure Chris will comment for himself at some point, but I'm reasonably sure that he said his uprated clutches are good for up to around BPU level - but not if abused with daily drag races etc.