The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre recommendations

Cipriani

Interested to see what tyres you guys are using, I am going on a 700 mile road trip in June round some of the best roads in Scotland including the applecross and having no traction control I really need to get my tyre choice spot on. I have been looking at Advan sport's so something in that price range.

Mike

I barely spinned tyres in my tt never mind an NA!, if you want good handling R888 are the way forward or michelin pilot sports 2, very good braking grip

R888 are overkill on an NA and what happens if it rains ?

Yep, would pretty much useless if it rained or was damp.

Another vote for the Vreds.

cheers for all the replys, seems Vredestiens get a good name! I have some sort of budget tyres on the car just now which were put on for me buying it and I spin up more than I dont with them ;) sometimes on purpose, but realistically I dont want it to be tail happy really keen on a grip set up.

doing my anti roll bar bushes at the same time and will get geometry checked then, also 2 rear bearings going in should be pretty good after everything handling wise. The Vredestiens are 146 quid which given the recommendations seems good! 1 thing I am in need off is a Off side rear j-spec caliper in good condition if anyone knows of one going or even a pair?

Cheers

I don't get the flaken 452 thing, I find them terrible . poor grip , take a lifetime to warm up and last about 20 mins

what size tyres do you actually need?

I can put on 265 35 18 or 275 35 18 for the rears

245 40 18 or 215 40 18 on the fronts.

I like the wider ones :D