The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU TT6 Jspec Power loss on 95 RON?

Samurai 20V

Hi guys.

I will be sending my BPU J spec TT6 for fitment of an aftermarket ECU soon..

Looking at the Haltech, my tuner is an agent..

Since we only get 95RON here on the pumps, I want to map the car for 95RON..

On this forums, BPU's make around 400hp..I believe most of the UK cars run 99RON gas.

On 95RON, how power can I expect to lose?

I will add a map for using toluene as well, but for regular use will use the 95RON, with a water spray for safety.

Thanks.

Still stock twins? You can expect around 370-400rwhp, especially with a good map and depending on the health of your motor.

Over here (not the UK) we can only get 95 and 97 ron. Plenty of cars mapped for 95ron, because the 97 isn't available in some areas.

Get some US or 264 cams before the tune and your golden ;)

Still stock twins? You can expect around 370-400rwhp, especially with a good map and depending on the health of your motor.

Over here (not the UK) we can only get 95 and 97 ron. Plenty of cars mapped for 95ron, because the 97 isn't available in some areas.

Get some US or 264 cams before the tune and your golden ;)

Yes mate, stock turbos..

The tuner is well known for his work on Haltech & JDM cars so I am hopeful..

Worthwhile upgrading the injectors at the same time you think?

Guest Budz86

Shouldn't make much difference, certainly at bpu mate. I have 2 maps; 97 and 99 Ron and both run beautifully, unless I fill her with 97 and try to run the 99 map.....mostly fine but knocks at under hard acceleration

Yes mate, stock turbos..

The tuner is well known for his work on Haltech & JDM cars so I am hopeful..

Some 550cc injectors + resistor pack from a US/UK spec might be a good idea, however not necessary. But since you're going with a haltech I would do it. Gives you some more room.

Whoever is mapping the car will be able to see how much power you can safely run with the 95RON fuel, I'd guess with a mapped ECU it should be somewhere around the 400 flywheel hp mark.

The stock j-spec injectors should be fine to just over 400hp, the mapper will be best person to judge.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

The Walbro pump will fine.

The Power Enterprise injectors are a straight swap into the stock j-spec fuel rail.

SH550A Power Enterprise 550cc injectors (side feed/high impedance)

SH650A Power Enterprise 650cc injectors (side feed/high impedance)

http://power-enterprise.co.jp/english/injector/index.htm

or

UK Spec 550cc Injectors, these will fit the stock j-spec rail but are low impedance so you'd also need a resistor pack.

The Walbro pump will fine.

The Power Enterprise injectors are a straight swap into the stock j-spec fuel rail.

SH550A Power Enterprise 550cc injectors (side feed/high impedance)

SH650A Power Enterprise 650cc injectors (side feed/high impedance)

http://power-enterprise.co.jp/english/injector/index.htm

or

UK Spec 550cc Injectors, these will fit the stock j-spec rail but are low impedance so you'd also need a resistor pack.

Thanks Nic..

I was thinking of getting the SARD 800cc...

What do you think?

The PE stuff is tops as well, will try to get prices...

I think from memory you'll also need to buy collars for the SARD injectors to fit the stock rail but I may be wrong.

Smaller injectors will be easier to control if you're keeping the stock turbos. 800c injectors would be good for around 750+hp, e.g. on mine with the GT3582R I ran 680cc injectors which were more than big enough. As a rough guide each cc equates to around a max of 1hp on the 2JZGTE.

I think from memory you'll also need to buy collars for the SARD injectors to fit the stock rail but I may be wrong.

Smaller injectors will be easier to control if you're keeping the stock turbos. 800c injectors would be good for around 750+hp, e.g. on mine with the GT3582R I ran 680cc injectors which were more than big enough. As a rough guide each cc equates to around a max of 1hp on the 2JZGTE.

Thanks Nic..

The 850cc SARD need collars, the rest are drop ins..

I will go for a 650cc max I think, should be plenty if I ever go GTX35R..