The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone taxed their car recently?

Havard

Ignore me, I am a $#@!.

I clicked the sponsored link on google by mistake. http://taxdisc-direct.co.uk/

They are charging a £40 admin charge and the website looks very like the government one. Just paid £225.00. Nearly took the car out today for the first time since January, forgot the tax expired at the end Feb.

H.

I actually did the same the otherday, that site is really sneaky it looks almost the same as the direct.gov site, I bet it catches alot of poeple out

Ignore me, I am a dick.

I clicked the sponsored link on google by mistake. http://taxdisc-direct.co.uk/

They are charging a £40 admin charge and the website looks very like the government one. Just paid £225.00. Nearly took the car out today for the first time since January, forgot the tax expired at the end Feb.

H.

That almost caught me out this morning

Guest Knightrider1980

Only buying 6 months as i wont be driving the supra that much anyway, spending full price on tax is kind of pointless if you dont drive it everyday.

Only buying 6 months as i wont be driving the supra that much anyway, spending full price on tax is kind of pointless if you dont drive it everyday.

Surely that depends on when you drive it. If you put it away in October and bring it out again in April then it is worth it. I hardly drive ours all year so it's a case of tax it for 12 months or sell it, nothing in between.

H.

Guest Knightrider1980
Surely that depends on when you drive it. If you put it away in October and bring it out again in April then it is worth it. I hardly drive ours all year so it's a case of tax it for 12 months or sell it, nothing in between.

H.

Selling is not an option for me as I will never sell the car, I hardly ever drive her, she has been off the road since 2011 and sitting on my drive way which I dont mind TBH, the fact that i fancy putting her back on the road is just because i fancy driving her to some track events this year and enjoy the summer, after that i will take her off the road again until next year, like i said pointless taxing a whole year if you dont drive it everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

There's been some info on the news recently about these 'clone' sites - same things going on with passport renewals. They're not illegal as you still get what you want - you just end up paying a fee for them to sort it.

Make sure you check the site properly and go direct if you can - try not to go off search engines.