The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM roof spoiler/visor

Chewie

Genuine Toyota OEM roof/visor. Like rocking horse doo-dahs. Part of the flexible elastomer edge trimming has age hardened and cracked. This could be replaced with trim from ebay. Otherwise very good condition. These go for upto £150 but due to the cracked trim, £100. Buyer collects as I haven't got a box to pack it in.

How do these fox on? It appears by the one I got recently off here, a **** load of sticky stuff along the top, and 2 clamps done buy screws each side :S

It'll wreck it once off I'm thinking. :(

The visor was bonded on with an epoxy adhesive and then held in place with the clamps. I was getting a full body respray so wasn't worried about the paint damage. You could try lining the contact surface under the visor with a felt or thin rubber.

Any room for movement on price?

Sorry I'm after the max to pay for the respray. An earlier post said one sold for £75. Fair enough. One even sold for £60 but that came snapped in half. I've seen them sell for £150. You're going to extremely lucky to find one with flexible pristine edge trimming which hasn't age hardened.

• 2 weeks later...
I take it that elastomer edge trimming is just stuck on around the edges?

The rubber trim is bonded to the main visor. As mentioned earlier, it's age hardened and as you can see in one of the piccies, it has split. TBH it really doesn't do much. It's not as if it's a waterproof seal or act as a cushion to prevent chafing the paintwork. I was tempted to peel it off completely for a cleaner line.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.