The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting a UK scoop

BOB B

I'm about to fit a uk scoop to the car and I'm interested how people have fitted theirs, I have only got the bonnet scoop bit (its just for show), do I get rid of the fitting brackets/holes on the underside somehow and then just Tiger seal it down, or do I cut through the bonnet and bolt it down?

Any help/suggestions on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks.

if its the proper kit , the holes are there in the cross member of the bonnet, but its a bit more than just drilling the holes , the bits that attatch to the scoop are rectangular and stick out passed the edge of the scoop so a rectangular hole has to be cut to allow the scoop to drop in , but fiddly but better than cutting a huge hole and water getting in on the under cover

Thanks for the comments, I just don't want to distort the skin of the bonnet by drilling or cutting, though cutting or grinding off the bits on the scoop won't be easy either, I'll give it a few more days then go for one or the other.