The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Waking the Supra up

ccssupra

Decided to get the Supra back on the road today, (Insured from tomorrow) and just have a few questions.

Its been sat for pretty much 3 months. The battery has been used in another car and will be put back in so charging isn't a problem etc. Its not due a service but should I be changing the oil etc? Just looking for advice really on what I should look out for, I would hate for something to happen because of my ignorance!

So excited to start driving it again :D

Decided to get the Supra back on the road today, (Insured from tomorrow) and just have a few questions.

Its been sat for pretty much 3 months. The battery has been used in another car and will be put back in so charging isn't a problem etc. Its not due a service but should I be changing the oil etc? Just looking for advice really on what I should look out for, I would hate for something to happen because of my ignorance!

So excited to start driving it again :D

Id say you should be okay, just go out, drive it and enjoy it :D

I will be waking mine up at some point over the weekend too :eyebrows:

I just make sure like been said tyre pressures, fluid levels etc, pump brake couple times (just incase) Make sure fills right then move on drive and warm up in its own time

Then quick check again then of for nice drive done this for about last 6-7 years and she always been good and NEVER missed a beat :)

Last week I jump started the car after four months of inactivity, checked the tyre pressures, got it MOTed (five years now with no issues) and then drove 350 miles to Buxton and back including some epic roads in the Peak District. The car drove like a dream. My only issue is I cannot find the security code for the radio.

Guest Knightrider1980
Just been out for a drive, drove just like the day I SORN'd it.

Mine will be back on the road in April, just sorting the bomex bodykit at the moment :D and then maybe save up to have my TT engine put back in, but until then like you I will be enjoying having the car to drive on the road, just watch out for muppets who dont know the difference from left and right and how to stop and accelerate;).

Edited by Knightrider1980 (see edit history)