The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Could it be done? Most Probably Not...

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. This may sound like a really odd thing and I have no hope that the answer will be yes but...

As I have a Dash 2 display I don't need the stock digi (pre face lift) odo and as its completely out due to it counting KM then Miles then KM again. So I was thinking could a clock or an out side temp be displayed on it?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I can't see why not, it's just a screen at the end of the day. All the gubbins behind said screen will have to be changed though.

An easier option would be to find a digital clock that can fit, and retro fit it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see why not, it's just a screen at the end of the day. All the gubbins behind said screen will have to be changed though.

An easier option would be to find a digital clock that can fit, and retro fit it.

As Jon said. Retro fit into the hole. Remember the design of the ODO surround overlays the dash panel. Therefore you could increase it's size, or even introduce a different shape into that area. As long as it added material and didn't remove it, the dash would be unchanged.

You going to do the work yourself mate?

I'm not that advanced with this kind of work... Was just an idea to see if somone one could think of a way... I have a pre facelift clock spare. Wonder if parts from that could assist...

disconecting it with ignition on you will get a fault code so you might need to work around that

I have drove without it plugged in before and all worked ok..