The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The research begins now...

Guest Dan 91

Guest Dan 91

Hello,

My name is Dan, i'm 22 from Newcastle.

I've currently got an FN2 type r with warranty, so it is stock. However I do plan on getting it to around 300 brake, but I've got about 18 month to go yet... I haven't a clue how I intend to do that either, so if you've got any ideas fire them at me!

I am seemingly wishing my life away, as I intend to buy a Supra or 300zx come next summer, so I'm starting my research now. Queue the 'pro supra' arguments! :D

I think i know what i want spec/model wise... I'd prefer a UK edition (manual preferably) or a facelift edition with a tiptronic box. Both of which I know are rare!

Do you know roughly how many: UK manuals - UK auto's - facelift tiptronics are on the forum or even better in the country?

Also i know this is a very open question as it is based on each car - but do any of you know how much either of those models asks for in say: average condition; good condition & forecourt condition?

Cheers!

hey mate, welcome

save the money your going to spend on the type r, to get 300 BHP thats alot of mods and money spent unless your boosting it? If your serious about a supra then you should consider paying the 10£ membership and will be given access to the classified section where members supras are for sale. TT autos can be had for around 5k, TT manuals can be 7k+ depends on condition and age. The triptronic fall in the same category as the autos I guess so around the 6k mark.

lastly this is for you...lol no offence I came from a Honda...

attachment.php?attachmentid=181996&stc=1&d=1394564718

lol.jpg

Guest Dan 91

Haha love it!

I've always wanted a type r as i used to go watch the touring cars, just moved from an astra coupe and up to the type r haha.

I intend on keeping it and running both, i'm stupid enough to pay 2x insurance policies!

I can see the classified section i think - only noticed one tiptronic out of the 90 odd adverts

hey mate, welcome

save the money your going to spend on the type r, to get 300 BHP thats alot of mods and money spent unless your boosting it? If your serious about a supra then you should consider paying the 10£ membership and will be given access to the classified section where members supras are for sale. TT autos can be had for around 5k, TT manuals can be 7k+ depends on condition and age. The triptronic fall in the same category as the autos I guess so around the 6k mark.

lastly this is for you...lol no offence I came from a Honda...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=181996&stc=1&d=1394564718

Ha ha, that's funny :D

Do you know roughly how many: UK manuals - UK auto's - facelift tiptronics are on the forum or even better in the country?

Also i know this is a very open question as it is based on each car - but do any of you know how much either of those models asks for in say: average condition; good condition & forecourt condition?

Cheers!

Hi Dan. :)

The important thing to learn with these cars is to buy on condition. Don't get hung up on mileage, and many imports won't have any service history prior to import. I would take someone who knows these cars with you to inspect any potential purchases. The MKIV Supra is a very tough car, but there are bad ones about that can cost you a fortune!

I would guess that there are fewer than 100 UK specs left in this country, there were only circa 650 to start with, and so many have been exported and lost through age and accidents.

Depending on your budget, aim to get a fresh import if possible, to get the cleanest car you can.

Guest Dan 91
Welcome :)

Were you looking at a UK spec for the cheaper insurance? As said above, pay the membership and get access to the full site :)

Nah not really, just the higher spec. But then again it's easy enough to get the seats trimmed etc.

It will be a second car with 0ncb so until I'm 25 And can insure as a classic either will be high insurance anyway

Guest Dan 91

The important thing to learn with these cars is to buy on condition. Don't get hung up on mileage, and many imports won't have any service history prior to import. I would take someone who knows these cars with you to inspect any potential purchases. The MKIV Supra is a very tough car, but there are bad ones about that can cost you a fortune!

I would guess that there are fewer than 100 UK specs left in this country, there were only circa 650 to start with, and so many have been exported and lost through age and accidents.

Depending on your budget, aim to get a fresh import if possible, to get the cleanest car you can.

As long as the mileage isn't like 200k I'm not too fussed.

Yeah I popped into JM Imports today for a chat and for the extra few grand it would probably be it seems worth it.

He also said get a vvti 6-speed haha

While I was there, there was a sold one with 365 on rear and 295 on front with an insane wide-kit on. Totally in love, but 365?! Insane.

There are 117 I can confirm are still in the UK, 85 Autos and 32 Manuals. From DFT numbers there close to 200 still here.