The mkiv Supra Owners Club

low oil level damage?

Guest Luke Wright

Guest Luke Wright

Hi everyone, I've got a 94 non turbo supra and it's been off the road for 5 years, and hasn't had an oil change as long as I can remember, I've been striking it up every so often and I used to drive it around a field to keep it moving, but since I've found out that my oil is just under half and hasn't had an oil change as long as I can remember, could damage of been caused? Or would there have been enough oil in the sump to be able to get pumped around the engine components enough? I plan on giving it an oil and filter change soon, but I'm just abit worried the engine could be damaged, but if there is possible damage can it be repaired? And would I know about it? I hope someone can give me a bit of help about this situation because I'm really quite worried, I really appreciate, thankyou

Guest Luke Wright

Ok thankyou mate, so there's enough oil in to get pumped around enough? and I've taken all my dash out for repainting, all the lights were working before, there was no oil or engine lights on but since I reconnected the warning lights they do not work for some reason, typical I know..

Ok thankyou mate, so there's enough oil in to get pumped around enough? and I've taken all my dash out for repainting, all the lights were working before, there was no oil or engine lights on but since I reconnected the warning lights they do not work for some reason, typical I know..

Try re-soldering all the pins on the back of the warning light pcb's, just re-melting the solder is usually enough to remedy a dry joint :)

Guest Luke Wright
I like this post, the fact you drive it round a field suggests it's one of the few Supras on here with a sensible ride height and no snow plough on the front. Well done! I have never driven a Supra round the field, I have put it on my list of things to do. (Joking, stand easy guys....).

Haha thankyou :) I know it's abit weird driving a car like that round a field but it keeps it moving while it's off the road, I don't have access to it anymore but a few blasts down the estate should be good enough ;) except I can't drift like I did in the field but nevermind lol

Guest Luke Wright
Try re-soldering all the pins on the back of the warning light pcb's, just re-melting the solder is usually enough to remedy a dry joint :)

Yeah I'll try that thankyou, I knew I shouldn't of touched it in the first place haha but anyways..

Guest Luke Wright
Too many people think that the oil MUST be up to the top mark but the truth is as long as it is between the top and bottom marks it is fine .........but do not let it drop below min.

Ah I see now thankyou, I always thought it had to be topped all the way up that's why I was abit worried..