The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new seats, new interior theme.

jazz1

Ok I sold my current seats which were great Carrelli replica recaro speed seats so I could keep my interior theme simple to match my car colour. After being sold some Type R seats with lies by certain member here see below thread, I decided to sell them at a loss and go all out with brand new Recaro speed seats. The price I got for these shipped in 2 days was the cheapest in the uk by http://sportseats4u.co.uk/. Just waiting for my bride runners from whifbitz so I can get these bad boys fitted, I'm ditching my current chrome dash crap, going for simple piano black, with red stitched carpets, red stitched gaitors and Nardi deep corn red stitched steering wheel to match my red brake callipers:).

Old seats:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?304303-Replica-Recaro-speed-style-seats-with-bride-runners-and-mats

Type R seats,

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303238-Iv-been-sold-something-misleading!

New seats:

Custom covers needed to protect the leather :D.

Yes im very happy although my old replica seats match up to these original Recaro easily, I always fancied the originals and wanted my interior simple as I was fed up hearing the odd chrome dash comments lol. Hopefully my new theme I'm going for will look much elegant with my black supra.

Have you still got your old seats?

A side by side picture of real and replicas would be good. :)

Often with things like this, the difference is under the skin. I've always bought Recaro seats, and never regretted it. :cool:

Deffinatly I don't regret buying the Recaro just they so expensive, I was going to take a picture but didn't get a chance as speedyAndy bought my old ones today. No doubt the replica ones match up in quality to the original Recaro considering the price difference but I have no regrets now as I'm going for much simple theme, check the thread above I had loads pictures of the replica seats :).

Less is more as they say ;) I would definitely go with some like this for mine as the stock oem leathers are starting to look a bit dated.

That's the good thing these match up nicely to the current rear stock leather seats so it looks as though these were original for the supra ;). Go on any excuse to buy a set, I was going to buy brides but very glad I did not after receiving the Recaro.

I would implore anyone considering aftermarket seats to try them first. The Speeds are excellent seats, but some won't like the very raised side and base bolsters. Recaro Topline make for better road seats IMO, and are readily available second hand (often from Accord Type Rs)

Not detracting from your seats at all Jazz :) You obviously knew what to expect from them, I have owned several sets of Speeds myself, and have always found them comfortable and supportive, just a bit of a climb to get out of! :D

I would implore anyone considering aftermarket seats to try them first. The Speeds are excellent seats, but some won't like the very raised side and base bolsters. Recaro Topline make for better road seats IMO, and are readily available second hand (often from Accord Type Rs)

Not detracting from your seats at all Jazz :) You obviously knew what to expect from them, I have owned several sets of Speeds myself, and have always found them comfortable and supportive, just a bit of a climb to get out of! :D

Lol I know my previous seats were low I had inch washers fitted etc but personally I love the way they sit and feel same as my old ones and the speeds have always been my number one choice. I'm not that tall so sitting in these are perfect for me I fit in nicely and perfect for my body frame :).

- - - Updated - - -

Look awesome mate, good choice :thumbs:

Thanks.

Lol I know my previous seats were low I had inch washers fitted etc but personally I love the way they sit and feel same as my old ones and the speeds have always been my number one choice. I'm not that tall so sitting in these are perfect for me I fit in nicely and perfect for my body frame :).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

possibly, can't decide between these, a set of Birdes or facelift recaro's but from a DC2

Brides are nice but they do not match the interior and I don't find they comfy my brother has them in the scooby more for track use, I don't think you can go wrong with recaro ;).

I loved my revamps but got fed up of the raised sides crimping my legs too much.

Also don't get the point of buying nice seats then covering them up with covers. But each to their own :)

Reason being my old seats over time had scuffed leather from my jeans, so makes sense to have covers when driving as over time same could happen to these :), plus I want to keep them mint as possible for shows.

Love those seats mate - would go lovely in my lol let me know if you ever want some red Brides!!!!

Haha, thanks for the offer but I'm sticking to these ;) sell your bride get a pair of these.

- - - Updated - - -

My rails should be with me Wednesday cant wait to get these fitted :).