The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's been an odd car week

Graham1984

Well today I have gone back to a stock manifold and and whifbitzs 1st decat as well as some 2nd hand rear calipers as mine jammed up and the car feels a hell of a lot better which is a plus. The only downside has been the Honda rasp has now returned, iirc my mate never used any locite or gasket paste ect on the gaskets or the O2 sensors so I am hoping some of the rasp is being accentuated due to this.

On the plus side my clutch which appears to be on it's way out is being covered by a warranty so on the plus side I just need to pay my mate to change it and save a few quid from not replacing the clutch too.

I suppose at least that's two steps forward and only one back this week :D

If anyone has any rasp solving ideas please post up, I know it's due to resonance but cant remember it being that prominent last time.

Agree with Ben, new exhausts are always a bit raspy, they get deeper after they have a good coating on the inside.

More of a reason to bang a few more miles through it then, to be fair I am more happier with the clutch result.

How's your project coming along Homer?

Guest Budz86
Mine's deep and grumbly now, and sounded awesome at 160mph on my private race track lastnight. It was really tinny before.

Where was that then? :D

Result about the clutch Graham, about time you had some luck!

Result about the clutch Graham, about time you had some luck!

Cheers Budz, I suppose you have seen my face after all :D

I hope the noise does go, it just sounds like blowing air depending how hard I am accelerating. I will get some miles run through it and see what happens.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)