The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eibach anti roll bar

Axl

Whatever you buy make sure it's made of CDS (cold drawn seamless) steel if it's tubular. Bars of the sort of diameter a MKIV needs ceratinly SHOULD be tubular as a solid one will be dreadfully heavy. Do not make the beginners mistake in thinking a solid bar will be a lot stiffer than a tubular one, it won't be. I know that sounds odd, but Google material science and tube and torsional resistance.

If a bar is made of seamed steel it will more than likely break at some point. Don't go mad on rear stiffness or the bar will cause the car to be twitchy and it will compromise how it puts its power down on bumpy roads or in the wet. Of the few bars I have seen for the MKIV the TRD ones seemed OK. I am not a fan of Whiteline stuff, especially their ARB's.

I had the TRD front and rear on my car and they were a tad too stiff in the

wet for me but other than that they were great, (non adjustable)

That was in conjunction with Eibach lowering springs and low profile 19's

which obviously didn't help in the wet, drove great in the dry though and

only scared me once at Silverstone when trying too hard in the damp :)

They were quite heavy though as far as i can remember and pretty sure they were solid

rather than tube.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The TRD ones I have fitted were tubular, I am sure. I can't see many cars needing something much stiffer than the TRD bars unless it had much stiffer than stock spring rates and dampers valved to suit them. It would make for a pretty appalling road car set up, definitely a track biased setup! The trouble with very stiff ARB's on a road car is they do a very good job of making an independent suspension none independent, in that single wheel bumps are transferred through the bar to the other wheel. You end up with a setup like an HGV with live axles both ends :) HGV's are not noted for good handling. You can run huge bar rates on race tracks as they are (usually...) devoid of pot holes and uneven surfaces.

I have CW bilstien shocks and when I fitted them I noticed that the ARB was looking slightly rough around the edges the handling has been transformed by just putting the shocks on (the original set up was knackered KYBs on the back and stock on the front with really low springs on) it was not good :D so I was wondering weather these would be worth a go or replace with stock I don't race or do track days I'm just a weekend cruiser :)

ARB's of the stock variety can look horrendous and still be fine. Unless you do track days I wouldn't say stiffer ARB's are particularly good value for money. High end tyres will probably be a much better spend. That and new lower front wishbones as originals will probably have soft, tired inner bushes.

ARB's of the stock variety can look horrendous and still be fine. Unless you do track days I wouldn't say stiffer ARB's are particularly good value for money. High end tyres will probably be a much better spend. That and new lower front wishbones as originals will probably have soft, tired inner bushes.

Sound advise thanks Chris :thumbs: my plans for next winter is to remove the subframes and have them powder coated and generally have a good tidy up so I'll take the ARBs off and either refurb or replace oem :)