The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy in Bonzai Jan 2005

Pete

Guest Usmann A

Nice one guys. :thumbs:

680 at the hubs, not being funny, we loose 120hp through the getrag?

Im not being picky, just id like to know, thats all. :thumbs: :)

edited- transmission loss % stay the same AFAIK, just because you put more through it, you dont loose more??

Nevertheless(sp) car looks bling. :D

Originally posted by RoGuE

I like the ending

"If you need a part and no-one else can find them, maybe you can use...the Envy team" - LOL

So which one of you guys is B.A.?

Sebastion de Latou (The journo) must've been on a nostalga trip.

Yeah, I laughed at that bit when he told me!

Gaz.

Oh, can I be "Face" please he always used to get the nice cars and the fit chicks :sex: :baa: Brings back child hood memories arguing in the play yard who was going to be who.:)

I still hav'nt seen the article either, hopfully some will arrive on Monday:cool: I am toying with the idea of driving 20 miles to get one this afternoon!

Kevin

Originally posted by Terry S

What was wrong with your gearing @ TOBTB guys? I haven't read the mag but a friend has told me you had a gearing problem affecting your top speed??

Gearing? Nothing to do with gearing.

I've not seen the article still yet so can't comment on what they meant.

Basically we didn't get a top speed recorded anyway because when Kevin swapped to road tyres (about 3ish) the timing gear was down.

Regards,

Gaz.

Here's the bit that got confused regarding the gearing thing. It was explaining why the best quarter mile time was only 12.5s.

The final nail in the quarter-mile coffin was the fact that Kevin had got geared up for a top speed run when the timing gear broke, so he decided to go for a quarter-mile run, but he was now unfortunately sporting road tyres in place of his drag radials.

There's some good photos, two double-page spreads, and the BBS gets a couple of mentions too.

Originally posted by SimonB

Here's the bit that got confused regarding the gearing thing. It was explaining why the best quarter mile time was only 12.5s.

Well that can be gearing problem amongst other things allthough it goes both ways , i was thinking of running my manual diff on the 1/4 to avoid the last change into o/d !!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Well that can be gearing problem amongst other things allthough it goes both ways , i was thinking of running my manual diff on the 1/4 to avoid the last change into o/d !!!!

But regardless of gearing the terminal tells the true story

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Bobbeh

By geared up, maybe they just mean 'was getting ready for'.

Maybe you're reading into it too much :)

Yeah that's how I read it, they were just saying that the quarter mile time was slower than it could have been because they'd changed to road tyres for the top speed run.