The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone

Max5437

Just thought id say hi :)

Been looking and learning loads on the forum recently and am definitely looking to pay the membership asap and hope to become a member of the community.

Bit about me, I'm 18 from Hadleigh, Essex (sadly only ever see a few supras around) and by incredible luck already (kinda) have a supra. My own car is a celica GT (6 gen) which is as close to a supra I could get (while being manual) in my price range at the time.

Bit of history on the car, its a 1993 J-spec N/A Auto completely stock except the head unit, speakers and amp (nothing fancy but nice). Sadly has a damaged passenger door from when it was bought by my mum in 2004 when the person it was bought from somehow dented it on a piece of timber in his driveway, think it was imported around 2000, though not too sure.

Pretty much since my mum brought it home I have been hooked on supras and have wanted to own one. she recently bought a new car and wanted an excuse to keep it as she loves it as much as I do, and me having passed my test a few months ago jumped at the chance to part-own it.

It was sitting for just under a year on the drive so only plans are maintaining it and keeping it nice till its viable to explore modification options (which seems depressingly far away, not that they need them anyways)

Hopefully I don't come across as the typical teenage idiot who is going to write it off, and I plan to own it for as long as I possibly can

Welcome to the club, get a few pictures and share. We love pictures :D

Hadleigh, you don't live that far from me and I normally drive between Benfleet and Rayleigh.

I am sure if you respect the car you won't write it off, unless its totally out of your control.

Welcome to the club

We are friendly guys who have interest in lots of cars but as you would expect we all love our Supra's the most.

If your keen to see some Supra's we have a monthly meet at bluewater the first Friday of every month so next one is this Friday at 7.30pm

There is a thread titled bluewater meet on the south east events section which gives you details. So give your celica a spin and come and see us:D

I am incredibly careful so hope its manageable, only driven it a few times but from may hopefully it will be on the road a bit more, is you car by any chance the one that is parked up by the shops by Hadleigh Bus Depot every so often?

Thanks for the welcomes, ill be sure to come down to a Bluewater meet if I'm not working, would love to see some more supras and meet some of the members :)

Welcome.

I'm current driving the same celica. Lovely cars, really reliable, I've owned 2 now and the first went to over 250k and was still going!

Always wondered what my celica would have looked like next to my old supra! Great is the answer :D

I am incredibly careful so hope its manageable, only driven it a few times but from may hopefully it will be on the road a bit more, is you car by any chance the one that is parked up by the shops by Hadleigh Bus Depot every so often?

Thanks for the welcomes, ill be sure to come down to a Bluewater meet if I'm not working, would love to see some more supras and meet some of the members :)

Yeah that's me :)

If you ever do go to the meets there's a few that heads from southend area up to there, I myself make rare appearance because of work commitments too.

I do have a lot of love for my celica and I agree it does look really good next to the supra (always thought the supra looks like the mum of the celica) and it's been a great first car, thank god for multi car insurance making it a possibility lol

It's only done 50,000 miles so would love for it to last to the 250 mark.

Oh right awesome, iv been admiring your supra for quite a while now, not normally a big fan of white but yours is really nice :) I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it at meets ect..

Dam work commitments haha though recently wish I actually got some hours, doesn't help with insurance coming up

If you are getting into the Japanese performance and want more bhp and etc you need the overtime to pay for parts.

Once you start, you can't stop :D

It's addictive

- - - Updated - - -

If you are getting into the Japanese performance and want more bhp and etc you need the overtime to pay for parts.

It's addictive

- - - Updated - - -

It's addictive

- - - Updated - - -

It's addictive

Id kill just for some regular income at this point if I'm honest haha, lot of plans/ambition yet no one seems to want to hire me :/. I'm currently at college training to be an accountant so hopefully one day ill be able to fund a project, love the idea of a TRD widebody with maybe a do-luc front bumper and top secret hood in black with a nice meaty single one day, but having some cash to play with now would definitely be a nice start

Welcome to the club.

Have you looked into a job with the big 4 if you're after a steady income and qualification in accounting. They all have big recruitment drives for school leavers at the moment. Would get you into the Supra in no time!

I'm a manager at EY, have a look on the website and drop me a PM if you fancy applying, you might be able to use my name in the application process.

Not going to be easy, try apprenticeship route, my little sister is 17 and shes currently doing AAT accountancy first year and she seems to enjoy it.

Funny enough she wants a gen 7 Celica when she pass lol

Thank you, Iv been looking into apprenticeships and really do think they are the best option its just been trying to find a suitable one, a lot of them don't seem too keen on AAT, but that might just have been me as I haven't looked into it completely

Gen 7 are supposed to be a lot of fun, I wanted one till I drove the 6th gen and it just reminded me of a supra so much more, was compelled to buy one after that haha

Welcome to the club.

Have you looked into a job with the big 4 if you're after a steady income and qualification in accounting. They all have big recruitment drives for school leavers at the moment. Would get you into the Supra in no time!

I'm a manager at EY, have a look on the website and drop me a PM if you fancy applying, you might be able to use my name in the application process.

Thank you!

Just been researching them cant actually believe that I haven't come across them before now, ill drop you a PM now, thanks once again it is much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...