The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all!

Guest JDHspeedster

Guest JDHspeedster

Hey all, just thought id introduce myself here, names jonathan, from newcastle. I have been debating what car to get for the past couple of months and have finally decided a supra is what I want! Unfortunately I cant get insured on one with my insurance company until im 23 so I have a 5 month wait :( but at least it gives me some time to find out more info on them, what model i can get for my price range and what to look out for when buying!

Currently drive an E60 520D Msport and a Eunos Roadster which ill be getting rid of to get the supra (hopefully it will work out cheaper or the same running one supra rather than two cars)

Looking forward to having a good nose around the forum! thanks.

Welcome mate. Pop along to JM Imports and speak with Jurgen about what your after and your budget. 5 months gives time to source a car in Japan and ship it over in time for your birthday!;)

There will no doubt be a few Supras there for you to have a nosey around also.

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

Great choice on the supra :)

It's worth paying the membership fee to get the most out of the forum. The classifieds section is a great place to find a tidy car. Check out the guides on what to look for when buying and the difference between specs here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

Guest JDHspeedster
Welcome mate. Pop along to JM Imports and speak with Jurgen about what your after and your budget. 5 months gives time to source a car in Japan and ship it over in time for your birthday!;)

There will no doubt be a few Supras there for you to have a nosey around also.

Hi, yeah I was thinking about trying to have a look around JM, my mate used to work right next door to their place so I often got to see some bad ass imported cars going through there, although ive never actually been for a ride in a supra! I dont think I could afford one imported though JM though my budget is probably about 7K

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

Great choice on the supra :)

It's worth paying the membership fee to get the most out of the forum. The classifieds section is a great place to find a tidy car. Check out the guides on what to look for when buying and the difference between specs here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

I will probably sign up once ive at least sold the bmw and im in hunter mode to find a good one! Id like to try and get one off the site because at least theres a better chance of tracking the history! :)

Guest JDHspeedster
welcome to the forum!!

thanks!

Welcome to the club Jonathan, other insurers will likely insure you on a supra i got mine at 22 and theres alot younger guys on here that own supras, are you wanting a TT or N/A? manual or Auto?

Ive gotten quotes from other places which will insure me but at 2k and over a year. My current company (Sky insurance) said it would be around 900 for the year when I turn 23 which is pretty much what im paying on the beemer alone. Im definitely after a TT but not sure on manual or auto, I think it will depend on whats for sale when I have the money, ive never had an auto and would prefer a manual though. Is there any main arguments for or against getting an auto?

thanks!

Ive gotten quotes from other places which will insure me but at 2k and over a year. My current company (Sky insurance) said it would be around 900 for the year when I turn 23 which is pretty much what im paying on the beemer alone. Im definitely after a TT but not sure on manual or auto, I think it will depend on whats for sale when I have the money, ive never had an auto and would prefer a manual though. Is there any main arguments for or against getting an auto?

Sky are who Im currently with I was with Adrian flux before I was old enough to go with sky, worth a shot if you havent already, good to hear you havent knocked to Auto back streight away :thumbs: the main thing poeple say is the feel/enjoyment when driving an manual over the auto :search: The other is power limits of around 600bhp, Imo I cant see how anyone in a TT manual can have more fun than i do in mine on a public road, thats in the bends too, best thing to do would be to drive both, the difference in cost between the two is canny big though, think you'd struggle to find a clean TT6 for 7k

Guest JDHspeedster
Sky are who Im currently with I was with Adrian flux before I was old enough to go with sky, worth a shot if you havent already, good to hear you havent knocked to Auto back streight away :thumbs: the main thing poeple say is the feel/enjoyment when driving an manual over the auto :search: The other is power limits of around 600bhp, Imo I cant see how anyone in a TT manual can have more fun than i do in mine on a public road, thats in the bends too, best thing to do would be to drive both, the difference in cost between the two is canny big though, think you'd struggle to find a clean TT6 for 7k

Yeah I tried Adrian Flux for the supra and the 2 cars I have now and they basically just said they cant come anywhere close to their prices haha. Yeah ive toyed with the idea of getting an auto something for my next car due to the evening traffic im usually in through newcastle, would be nice to have a bit of comfort plus I doubt id be going for anything near 600bhp for a long while since ive never had more than about 200bhp before. Do the aero top supras come in auto or are they madly expensive?