The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Non OCD owners thread

LOGIE

This might upset a few members but I need to ask..? Firstly LOADS of people keep banging on about their OCD cars i.e. perfect paintwork, polished engine parts blah blah... I wonder how many people have actually met some one who SUFFERS from OCD? I have, the guys life was a misery took him about 3 hours just to leave the house in the morning after turning off and on and off again every switch in the house that's after he polished his taps of water marks and about 50 other things just to get out. Anyway back to cars who here just drives it and washes it now and again?, this IS my idea of motoring. I've had cars before where I polished them and over scrutinised everything and to be honest I never enjoyed them as much as I should have, I was just keeping it immaculate for the next owner. A bit like those people who buy a new 3 piece suite and get it home and keep the plastic wrapper on it then throw blankets on it to. Read the link below or at least read the last paragraph if you cant be arsed with all of it.

Who else is like me?

"a dirty car always has a story to tell"

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27561

I have a rare form of ocd with food its not serious but silly things like I cant eat a breakfast if the sausage to egg ratio is not correct 2-1 sausage to egg. sandwiches have to be rectangle . cut evenly and not vertically. and other silly things like that

Much to everyone's supra horror, to me, it's a car. I love it to bits, if I see someone damage it I WILL kill them... But I drive it, dry wet clean dirty hard soft shopping general A to B.

But time... I'm obsessed with time! Numbers! temperature! Routine! And where things go.

My GF thinks I have a mild form of autism.

I just just tell her she's 3 minutes late, I normally go out on a Saturday, it's to hot to cuddle and that's my section of the bed she's laying in.

I havent washed my supra since september :) granted its done about 5miles in that time and 3 of those months it was in the garage.

I found some melted skittles in the centre console the other day too (they are still there), my two front wheels are on the wrong way round still, my fmic isnt mounted properly (pipework holding it basically), its not that im not bothered by these things because i am, I just have zero love for this car at the minute and cant be bothered to do anything on it.

Clearly I dont have ocd :D

Oh just thought of this too my indicator bulbs are celotaped into place in the fog light hole

Definitely not OCD here, just enjoy driving cars. Used to go mad with cleaning when I was much younger(won a couple of trophy's at show and shine competitions), not now though. I'd rather see a car driven properly rather than parked up being polished. Never get attached to cars either now, just sell when i get bored, which is quite often. :D

But each to their own, people enjoy cars for different reasons and get their kicks in different ways. I enjoy seeing all sorts of cars and take an interest in most of them, but I know I'll never be OCD about them.

I was diagnosed with OCD back in September 2013, I'm on 150mg of Sertraline a day and seeing a psychologist every other week. It got so bad that I couldn't even drive, I get lifts to the Basingstoke meets at the moment too :D

I struggled leaving the house when I was at my worst and I couldn't stop turning my car around. I thought I was going crazy!! Docs think stress and doing shift work caused me to get OCD. As I was lacking sleep big time.

I have had my Supra 7 years and never driven it in the rain as I like it perfect. It always has to be clean, so I've always had mild OCD, but now it's extreme and became unmanageable.

It's bl00dy stressful OCD :(

I drive my 1A1 everyday and clean it about once a month! But IT IS still immaculate...even the engine bay! So there is no excuse IMO!;) Keep it clean people!

That's fanatical levels of cleaning round here. Try putting it through an Asda car wash :shock: about once every 6 months(only when it's on special at 99p mind you).

I'm not quite that bad, but not far off. :) Keep it dirty people. :p

I was diagnosed with OCD back in September 2013, I'm on 150mg of Sertraline a day and seeing a psychologist every other week. It got so bad that I couldn't even drive, I get lifts to the Basingstoke meets at the moment too :D

I struggled leaving the house when I was at my worst and I couldn't stop turning my car around. I thought I was going crazy!! Docs think stress and doing shift work caused me to get OCD. As I was lacking sleep big time.

I have had my Supra 7 years and never driven it in the rain as I like it perfect. It always has to be clean, so I've always had mild OCD, but now it's extreme and became unmanageable.

It's bl00dy stressful OCD :(

At least your diagnosed mate as I said in my op I knew a guy who had it and he was miserable. Many on here just like to throw the title about as if its a good thing. Good luck with your treatment.

At least your diagnosed mate as I said in my op I knew a guy who had it and he was miserable. Many on here just like to throw the title about as if its a good thing. Good luck with your treatment.

Oh definitely, a lot of people use it as an excuse when in all honestly they probably just don't want to get their car dirty :D

Yeah it made me very miserable, I was checking taps, light switches, doors, windows, gas hobs, I'd logged out on computers, turning round in my car for no reason, avoiding lines and cracks in roads, cleaning constantly.... The list goes on I'll be here all night telling you :D The more months I did of shift work, the less sleep I got. I just became worse and worse until one day I struggled to leave work and got home late. My girlfriend asked where I'd been and I burst out crying as I thought I was slowly losing my marbles.

The guy you knew should have got help too, took me 3-4 months before I did. I became very depressed in September when it reached it's peak. But now I'm on the mend and slowly not spending my life on repeat :)

Hopefully I'll start enjoying my Supra a bit more once I start driving properly again.

Cheers mate, treatment is definitely working now.... just very slowly.

I like a nice shiny Supra, and I don't mind washing it in the summer as it's a pleasant thing to do, but when it's cold, forget it. I jetwashed it rapidly a couple of weeks ago because it was so mangy from having to drive it over december while my usual car wasn't available, but it still took two months to get around to it :D

I don't drive it much in the winter otherwise. I do like the interior to be clean though - yes it'll get dusty and crap builds up in the footwell but I would be annoyed if I melted skittles on it or got chewing gum in the carpet as that'll do permanent damage :)

I have a two metre rule - if you can't see a problem from two metres away, forget about it :) That covers paint, dirt, dents etc.