The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New meet for ALL the southern areas

Graham1984

So I can remove all the chit chat when this is resolved I have started this thread.

My proposal is this, every month where there is essentially 5 weekends which would be March, June, August, November we have a meet on either the Saturday or Sunday of this 5th weekend so that all other regular meets go ahead as intended.

I suggest we have a meet for all the Crawley,Port solent and Basingstoke and possibly Bluewater attendees. I was thinking somewhere like Guildford area for example as it has a bit of give for both areas and hopefully reduces travel for both sets slightly.

Maybe the meet could have four destinations and we hold one meet at each destination so that the travel maybe close one time and further away the next to assist everyone.

Place your name below and list where you want to meet up and give a few areas so that everyone can chip in and discuss/moan about it.

1) Graham1984 Anywhere any day.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

Location choices?

I still think Cobham services is a good spot. I don't know of any locations around Guildford. Fleet services? South mimms?

Just to note the March one would obviously not happen as 1) I am off out on a birthday do 2) Austec dyno event is happening.

I still think the other listed months/ 5th weekend format is the key.

Maybe every other month, mid month, just to avoid confusion.

I still think Cobham services is a good spot. I don't know of any locations around Guildford. Fleet services? South mimms?

There is a large retail park in Guildford with loads of parking and round the back even more that nobody uses although there is about 3 speed bumps to get over but nothing too low iirc, It also has a Burger king :D

Your talking about ladymead retail park, where the good old Guildford cruise used to be .. I'm sure my Supra will struggle getting over them humps to be honest ... Although I think is a good location I know the police are not so nice ... I'm still thinking Fairmile as that does have a rear car park or they might allow for parking on the grass again or Cobham services

How about every 3rd month on the 3rd weekend at 3pm on a Saturday lol

1) Graham1984

2) Ben SZ-R

3) Supraleeteaboy

4) mplaver

Your talking about ladymead retail park, where the good old Guildford cruise used to be .. I'm sure my Supra will struggle getting over them humps to be honest ... Although I think is a good location I know the police are not so nice ... I'm still thinking Fairmile as that does have a rear car park or they might allow for parking on the grass again or Cobham services

How about every 3rd month on the 3rd weekend at 3pm on a Saturday lol

I think it would be fine as long as everyone is not dicking about, to be honest I don't care where or when but just want suggestions really, I was unsure on the speed bumps though

I will be interested to see what other ideas other meet attendees have, there has to be compromise though.

Fairmile looks a good location.

I don't mind the the month of 5 weekends either

Let's get a location sorted .. I will try and call the Fairmile tomorrow and see what they say about parking on the grass

Just a word of warning the 5 weekends month way wont work this month as Austec is on the Saturday and I will be hanging out my ringer on the Sunday :D

Give it a couple of days to let people have their say then the best bet is to enquire somewhere with a confirmed date and time and see who signs up.

How about Boxhill? We used to go to big MK3/MK4 Supra meets there about 10 years ago. There's Ryka's cafe too and an overflow car park...

That's cool with me, but if the other southern lot don't want to travel too far up, it's further than Cobham for them.