The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another child car seat thread.

Gretie22

I currently have a maxi cosi tobi in the car for my 15 month old, which is supposed to last until 4yrs but his legs already seem squashed against the seat in front. Has anyone got any recommendations of any car seats suitable for his age that aren't as big and sit closer to the back of the seat to give the child more space?

I need to know this myself except my lad is nearly 4 so I need a booster seat type really, it's hard finding one with such a narrow base to fit in the rear seat. On a completely different note did you lower your car yet? I haven't fitted my wheels yet but will be this week.

No not yet, need coilovers really, as the back only needs to go down about 10 - 15mm but the front could do with going down 30 - 35mm. Might still try some springs and 255 tyres. Handling isn't really an issue for me, my sons in the car most the time so I drive like a granny anyway lol.

Make sure you put some pics up once you've got them on :)

The only other one I know of is a Recaro one. But if you come to sell the Tobi, I'd be interested in buying it. :)

No you wouldn't, he was sick in it last week, I've taken all the covers off and washed it in the washing machine but I think it's seeped inside the base :taped: so I need to see if I can take it apart and clean it out.

No not yet, need coilovers really, as the back only needs to go down about 10 - 15mm but the front could do with going down 30 - 35mm. Might still try some springs and 255 tyres. Handling isn't really an issue for me, my sons in the car most the time so I drive like a granny anyway lol.

Make sure you put some pics up once you've got them on :)

Yes I will do, mines the other way around and needs dropping about 20mm on the back to get it in line with the front lol. I have got a child seat in the back of mine now that would suit up to a 4 year old and it has a bit of leg room. My lad doesn't have much leg room but he is nearly 4. It's a britax something or other but I will take a picture of it in the morning in the supra, it might have a bit more room than what you have got now.

I have the Recaro Young sport in mine and I always had to shift the front seat all the way forward to give leg space. Can you put his car seat on the passenger seat instead of the rear?

I got one one of these last year for my then 4 year old girl and she said it was comfortable. Slots very nicely into the back seat bucket,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_985235_langId_-1_categoryId_165554

Yes I will do, mines the other way around and needs dropping about 20mm on the back to get it in line with the front lol. I have got a child seat in the back of mine now that would suit up to a 4 year old and it has a bit of leg room. My lad doesn't have much leg room but he is nearly 4. It's a britax something or other but I will take a picture of it in the morning in the supra, it might have a bit more room than what you have got now.

Awesome thanks, I think any seat would give him more room to be fair the tobi has such a massive base and back.

Get a smaller partner so the front seat can go further forwards?

My daughter is 4 and a little bit squished, but my wife is only 5'2" so it's not too bad.

I've started thinking about getting a belt extender and just using a booster as my daughter is about 3'6" now!!!!!

Get a smaller partner so the front seat can go further forwards?

My daughter is 4 and a little bit squished, but my wife is only 5'2" so it's not too bad.

I've started thinking about getting a belt extender and just using a booster as my daughter is about 3'6" now!!!!!

He has to sit behind me as I'm only 5'4, it's annoying as he's behind me even when my partners not in the car, those seats are so fiddly to move around all the time.