The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Future Basingstoke / Crawley meets joining up for one BIG meet ?

mplavery

I can't actually make any of these this weekend which I was looking forward to going

Since there not far from each other how about bringing the two meets together and meeting half way and making one large meet like the first Saturday of every month ???

For location I was thinking at the new Cobham services at J9/10 on the M25

You can access the services both directions of the M25

Linky

http://www.extraservices.co.uk/location/cobham/

If you park at the back you will avoid all speed humps but when you exit you have to drive opposite the direction of the arrows pointing for a small section of spaces to about the speed humps ... Being at the back you don't get any cars going through anyways

Just an idea

What are you thoughts Peeps ?

Lol

Think it would be good though

If we have it on a Saturday it won't effect meeting up with the Bluewater boys&gals

McDonalds and KFC there too ! Lol

We could follow that up the next week with a disposable BBQ next to the bins :D

In all seriousness I was wanting to do this, was just going to see what the numbers are like for the new meets before planning one.

Maybe in the calender months where there is essentially 5 weekends we could have this sort of meet? That also works out to be June and July too :D

Guest Budz86
There is a parking time limit though boys so not worth it !

Think John Bailey got a ticket last time we were there for out staying his welcome! Came through the post I believe....

That's it - I couldn't think of the name of the place!!

To be honest the Basingstoke meet is brilliant. Meet up, cruise round Basingstoke in convoy (sort of) and then meal in the Wheatsheaf. Been twice now and it's brilliant, not sure I would want to change...

QUOTE=Supraleeturbo;3833035]There is a parking time limit though boys so not worth it !

Not that I have noticed ... As said if enough intrested we will give them a call just to make sure everything is ok

Failing the services though, we could always resurrect the old Fairmile meets?

They stopped cars parking on the grass now however they have a back car park which has enough space for a meet

Again we can contact them to make sure it's ok

That's it - I couldn't think of the name of the place!!

To be honest the Basingstoke meet is brilliant. Meet up, cruise round Basingstoke in convoy (sort of) and then meal in the Wheatsheaf. Been twice now and it's brilliant, not sure I would want to change...

Maybe try one meet and see how it works ? Just be nice for us all to get together then having two meets not far from each other

Thanks Gail, I'm very glad that you enjoy the Basingstoke meets!! Was great seeing you again :)

Big thanks to everyone else who came to the meet today too, see you all soon :)

Maybe try one meet and see how it works ? Just be nice for us all to get together then having two meets not far from each other

I'll be honest, I think it is better having 2 meets. The Basingstoke meets is something that I have been arranging since-

August 2008- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?160709-Basingstoke-s-EPIC-FAIL-MEET-Sun-21st-Sept

To today 02/03/14- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?303081-EPIC-Basingstoke-Meet-Sunday-2nd-March-2014!!

The Basingstoke meets are a great success and just keep on getting better and improving everytime. We spoke about this thread today at the meet and everyone I spoke to about it says they like how things are done currently. As a few members travel up from down South and don't want to travel further up the motorway past Basingstoke. They like the time and day of the Basingstoke meets, where we meet, the venue for lunch, the convoy around town etc. The meet has been arranged regulary for a good few years now and is at a great standard.

I can understand where you're coming from, it would be nice having a big meet. But sorry I won't be cancelling the monthly Basingstoke meets which are on the Sunday of every first weekend of the month. As there is a great crowd who come to the meet and I enjoy arranging the meets, so I want to keep on giving them the meets that we enjoy :D

Surely more meets are a better idea rather than one meet as long as they don't clash? Then it's more meets for attending during the month :)

So I think arrange a meet, but Basingstoke meets will carry on being arranged for every first weekend Sunday of the month regardless of any other meets being arranged.

This whole post isn't meant to sound sh!ty, so if it does then I apologise. It's hard to put into writing without it coming out badly LOL :D

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)

If we arrange this meet for every so often and a Basingstoke meet can still go ahead every month. People can choose which meet they want to attend and as long as the meet isn't on a Sunday during a Basingstoke meet they won't clash. It makes for more meets to attend, rather than waiting all month for just one event :D

It can be every two months or even 3 so it's spaced out a little more .. We could even make it in the middle of the month too .. So it stays clear of any other meet

As said, I was not suggesting to stop the other two meets ... Just thought it would be nice to try and get everyone together now and then

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)