The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another clueless newbie...

Guest d00ner

Evening guys, hows it going?

I will shortly be starting my search for my first supra, and decided to say hi. I have had a look around, Im sure there is plenty more to see than what i have read so far but its all been really helpful. I currently drive an ep3 civic type r, but its a bit... meh. Not a bad car, by any means, but just not 'me'. I previously owned a s14a 200sx with 320whp, and that was much more fun, though without a lot of money spent I wasnt going to go much further in it.

I have always wanted a supra, its just the insurance/running costs have been too much for my budget up til now. Im not too good with the spanners, I can write an android app, but anything with nuts and bolts scares me :rolleyes: I will most likely start off with a manual BPU supra, jumping straight into a 500+ car might be too big of a jump, it all depends on what comes up at the right money.

Anyway, off to take a look around.

Big Supes, I did check, but halfway through me looking I got all excited and went on the test drive :innocent: Very costly mistake. Should have known, my s13 before it wasn't much better. Im hoping that I can find a more mechanically minded person to come with me when I go and look at potential buys, but most of my friends are worse than me :D

Thanks Dim Sum, this forum has been immensely helpful so far, though looking at the classifieds isnt helping with my 'only buy a bpu' strategy. I have never actually driven/been in a supra before, so Im going to try and make the time to attend a few meets and have a look around some members cars, and hopefully learn a bit about them.

Edited by d00ner (see edit history)

I am going to try and go to the basingstoke meet, though Im not very confident with this sort of thing. If you see a scared looking person hiding in a ep3 civic, itll be me :D

:welcome:

Do your research and buy a nice one that's been looked after then you won't be emptying

your wallet on a regular basis.

Look beyond the shiny paint and blingy wheels ;)

Welcome - this is the best advice you will ever get regarding a supra purchase

I am going to try and go to the basingstoke meet, though Im not very confident with this sort of thing. If you see a scared looking person hiding in a ep3 civic, itll be me :D

We're all a friendly bunch so you'll be fine dude. :) I'll keep an eye out for you to come and say hello if you make it.

You had me worried then, I genuinely looked up at the url thinking I had made a mistake. Loving this forum, so much information and friendly people. Main problem now is that I need a supra even more :search: