The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How fast is 500bhp?

Guest 4294r

Just had the supra remapped and results are 500bhp can't want to pick it up. Was hoping for more than 500 but does anyone here have any comments on what 500hp is like?

That's what I want to hear lol. It could have been more than 500 but it's only mapped on 95 Ron fuel as I can't get super where I am :( so I've been told 500 isn't bad. I've got 265 toyo proxies on the back but will I need wider?

It's fast!

Scary fast.

Get some decent tyres lol

I'm 528 and like Al has said, it's crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I want to hear lol. It could have been more than 500 but it's only mapped on 95 Ron fuel as I can't get super where I am :( so I've been told 500 isn't bad. I've got 265 toyo proxies on the back but will I need wider?

You in Orkney or Shetland?

I'm liking these comments lol. I got the car last year but had boost issues so never got any taste of power whatsoever so I've got something to look forward to! :) running a gt4294r so be quite a bit of lag I'd imagine tho....

I'm 528 and like Al has said, it's crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

You in Orkney or Shetland?

I'm in Orkney. Where there's no super unleaded :( but not many cars here with that kind of power :)

I'm liking these comments lol. I got the car last year but had boost issues so never got any taste of power whatsoever so I've got something to look forward to! :) running a gt4294r so be quite a bit of lag I'd imagine tho....

I'm in Orkney. Where there's no super unleaded :( but not many cars here with that kind of power :)

There's another supra up there in anthracite (1A1) iirc. There's also a couple of supra's in Shetland, when I took mine up it was crazy the attention it got!

Rough spec is

Gt 4294r turbo

Hks fuel rail

1000cc injectors

Link g3 ecu

Forged bottom end

Cp racing pistons

Hks cams

Large front mount intercooler

Hks bov

Exedy hyper triple plate clutch

Rough spec is

Gt 4294r turbo

Hks fuel rail

1000cc injectors

Link g3 ecu

Forged bottom end

Cp racing pistons

Hks cams

Hks bov

You should have gone for more power with that kind of build!

is it an auto?

Cheers Ibby lol

NP :D

Rough spec is

Gt 4294r turbo

Hks fuel rail

1000cc injectors

Link g3 ecu

Forged bottom end

Cp racing pistons

Hks cams

Hks bov

Thats a fair size turbo, who mapped it? have you asked why they stopped at 500bhp? what boost? what BHP are you aiming for?

Thats a fair size turbo, who mapped it? have you asked why they stopped at 500bhp? what boost? what BHP are you aiming for?

He did mention no Premium fuel. Would that matter?

Maybe he wants to get used to 500HP!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I might consider looking into running with meth next year. it's a manual. Suppose it should be fairly reliable power.

what gearbox ? V160? W58 ?

It was mapped at Gi Motorsport in Glasgow. Don't really have a goal, just looking good bhp but also reliability. As if I need any work done its a fair trek.