The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got myself a Supra!

Getrag

Well, its been a long wait and an intense couple of weeks but I finally got myself a Supra. '94 jspec 6spd TT. And I couldnt of done it without the help and support of this board.

After seeing a Supra in the 'trader that I quite liked the look of, 250horses and MRB kindly offered to take a look at it for me. I really wouldnt have bothered if you hadnt help me there, thank you!

After Charlie and John looked at it for me and gave it the thumbs up I went down to Colchester to have a look at it myself. I liked it and struck a good deal with the owner. I paid my deposit on Saturday and agreed to pick it up Thursday after he had a few little things fixed. That was the longest few days of my life. So worried that he would sell it. Well, to be fair to him he was a great guy, got all the little things fixed and kept it good for me.

I picked it up yesterday morning and then used the 450 mile journey back to get used to Supra ownership :p Since I got it back I really cant stop driving it, hence posting about it at this time. I didnt even want to tempt fate before I had got it to let you guys know lol.

I'd also like to thank Matt H who gave me a lot of advice concerning electrical things with the car, thanks Matt. And thanks to everyone else who have supported and encouraged me throughout the whole process, Grazer, Thunder, Tom and all the other people that I cant remember at 1.30am sorry. And I'd also like to thank the acadamy.... :D

So, onto the bits you care about, whats done to the car

Outside:

Blue respray

Full Veilside kit

Fibre Glass Abflug bonnet

BBS alloys

Inside:

Momo wheel

Some kind of gear knob and hand brake

Boost guage

Turbo timer

Shift lights

Jap style big head unit with CD and mini-disk

Performance:

Blitz induction

Blitz BOV on hardpipe

A custom, 1 piece double decat and custom exhaust (the thing is one whole piece and looks of very good quality)

Here are some pics that either Charlie or myself took. Its looking filthy now but will get a good cleaning in the morning.

mini-dscn1249.jpg

Lol, thanks guys and gals. Yeah, ive only had it 24hrs but now I have to find a way of removing sunstrips and eyebrows :p

Already had one police car pull over and give me the eyes as I drove past. Lol - had to put the clutch in and roll past :p

That is the veilside rear im pretty sure...

Originally posted by Getrag

I'd also like to thank Matt H who gave me a lot of advice concerning electrical things with the car, thanks Matt. And thanks to everyone else who have supported and encouraged me throughout the whole process, Grazer, Thunder, Tom and all the other people that I cant remember at 1.30am sorry. And I'd also like to thank the acadamy.... :D

It's tDR now f00! :p

Glad you're happy with it m8 :thumbs: Like I said via MSN though, IMO you need to loose the ghey eyebrows, banner and on a lesser note change the wheels as I don't think they suit the Supra. You'll get good money back on them with them being BBS I imagine, then get a nice less spokey set lol - make sure they're wide with a nice low offset though. All totally my opinion though, if you're happy with it as is then that's what's important.

Like I said before, pop over to mine at some point this weekend an we can fix your stock BOV problem :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Just gis a text m8 an I'll give you directions. Can't do tomorrow night as I'm having an xmas meal at a posh restaurant with the family :) Tomorrow morning probably best for me.

Big tip for you - switch the crappy traction control off everytime you get in the car as part of the startup procedure - it's deadly!

Cheers,

Brian.

Originally posted by supradibbs

lovely looking car mate love the colour

could you post some more pics of the front so i can decide weather or not to keep my abflug one,think some bonnet pins will sort it mate

Just back from halfrauds and cleaning it up now :p Will get some pics then :thumbs: