The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very very upset, been ripped off and car is in a real state.

The Raven

As most of you know my car had a real overfuel issue. I sent to a memeber here who found the problem fixed it and a few other mistakes i made on the car.

I got the car back unrunning after £1000 had been given and the car was gone for 8 months. There is somthing spilt on the bonnet (brake fulid?) thats has bubbled the paint. I let this go as all i wanted was the car back.

So im told just bolt up the cam covers and fit the oil cap.

So i check fuilds, fit cam covers and new battery and start her up..........all is well for about a minute then the car pukes this shit out!

That was bright red coolent on checking it just before start up. I know you are reading this, so you can refund me the grand or the cost of fixing it. I trusted you i put up with loads of waiting and never hassled you and you have given me back a engine that was worse than when i gave it to you.

So the question to other memebers is what the hell is that! oil from the head?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a massive amount of oil to be in the coolient!! Has the said member even put the head gasket back on?

I guess so as it started and ran like it was fine, for a bit. Then it puked all that crap out

So next question whats the shell worth? im done

I should add that before i took this to get fixed it never had this issue and was run all be it with overfuel for a while

Rad cap had a little bit in it alot less that the header tank, it dumped that lot in less than minute.

It will do, oil pressure is a lot higher than the pressure in the coolant system. It won't be oil from the head per se, oil drains from the head back to the sump. If the head has been off, now you have lots of oil in the header tank, 2+2 must make 4, bad times.

I guess so as it started and ran like it was fine, for a bit. Then it puked all that crap out

So next question whats the shell worth? im done

I should add that before i took this to get fixed it never had this issue and was run all be it with overfuel for a while

Not sure what the shell is worth but that engine obviously has had a major oil seal failure