The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you clean Iridium Plugs

DodgyRog

Quick background

I had a Coolant leak from the pipe at the rear of the head and it got into the Sparkplug wells 5+6 and over the Coilpacks

I have dried it out, but still have a misfire on full boost , the misfire starts as soon as the 2nd turbo kicks in if your foot is to the floor, lift off a bit and it's fine

Anyway, the Iridium plugs are pretty Black, I am guessing this is due to the misfire, so can you clean them

I was hoping to clean them to see if it cures the misfire, rather than spending £45 on a new set, but not sure how or if it can be done

What's the chance of it being a Coilpack issue after them getting covered in coolant?

I have Googled it, but no definitive answer, just I did this blah blah, but no one saying it worked long term

What level of boost are you running as I have a couple of new iridium plugs you can have but the are only good for stock level TT so anything more then that you will get a misfire. The heat or cold range is 11 if they are any good to you, you can have them for price of shipping as they are no use to me

I'd maybe suggest chucking a couple of cheap copper core plugs in the affected cylinders, and trying that first rog.

They're only a couple of quid each, and will rule them iridium plugs out, without risking damaging the tips first

Might have to do that, thanks Gaz

What level of boost are you running as I have a couple of new iridium plugs you can have but the are only good for stock level TT so anything more then that you will get a misfire. The heat or cold range is 11 if they are any good to you, you can have them for price of shipping as they are no use to me

Thanks for the offer, but I am running between 1.1 to 1.2 Bar, depending on the Air Temp

Roger is bpu++

Unneeded post.... Got there before my bud

Thanks anyway:d

Thanks for the offer, but I am running between 1.1 to 1.2 Bar, depending on the Air Temp

Yeah won't be any good for that level of boost

Going to get some cheap copper plugs to try I think

but I also going to see if anyone has some spare Coilpacks, after doing some searching, it seems likely to be a coilpack starting to degrade