The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious question?

David P

Excuse me a Supra Nerd moment, my excuse being; maybe it's a flashback from finding out that my rear spoiler was christened that by Bomex?

I've seen the film and also pics of several replica Fast & Furious Supra's, with N/A Aero's favoured to be "real replicas" because the "real pretend" Supra was one of those, nevertheless, has anyone ever built a replica of the "pretend real" Supra at the 10 second spec it was portrayed to become?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

well technically the supra in the films starts off as NA but then they get the overnight parts from japan included in this which you see on the floor is a turbo so i'm guessing it's supposed to be turned into NA-T maybe? Guess that would explain how it barely beats a Ferrari 355 lol

The engine they built was a TT converted to single

Just the shell started as an NA.

calm down its just an inacuracy in the film. they showed a slight glimpse of a car with an na engine in the film. there would have been lots of cars used in the filming. some crashed. some just dummys. some stripped out and fitted with full roll cages. others hard mounted to trailers for moving shots. others with full interiors. others for promo shots.

the film never shows a tt engine. nobody knows if it was a tt engine or not. and it doesnt realy matter. but to make the 10 second car you would be mad to use an na/t :D

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

calm down its just an inacuracy in the film. they showed a slight glimpse of a car with an na engine in the film. there would have been lots of cars used in the filming. some crashed. some just dummys. some stripped out and fitted with full roll cages. others hard mounted to trailers for moving shots. others with full interiors. others for promo shots.

the film never shows a tt engine. nobody knows if it was a tt engine or not. and it doesnt realy matter. but to make the 10 second car you would be mad to use an na/t :D

This :D

Most people wouldn't have even noticed the difference. I'd imagine it was the first smashed up

Aero they got. But on the subject why would you build a 10 second car out of a burnt out smashed up car with bent a pillars?! But it's jut a film and doesn't have to make sence :)

This :D

:D

Christ on a bike, it's not a documentary! !

:D