The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra SZ 5 Speed

kev_coupe

I've had this for coming up on a year now, and now that its getting somewhere, I thought I'd share some pictures!

Purchased in 2013 like so

Came with a few cool bits and pieces such as the OE sideskirts and rear spats, bomex type 2 front lip, a full respray in an unusual Metallic Grey (seems blue in certain lights) which drew me to the car in the first place. But as with most Supras, it was also complete with a few things which werent to my tastes...

The 3 spoke Volk Racing wheels didnt hang around for too long and I soon replaced them with a set of OEM 16's until i found something I really liked.

Last year I started stockpiling bits and pieces and took the car off the road over winter to get everything fitted.

Tein Masterflex Coilovers (Cheers James)

Lexus Ls400 Front brake upgrade

OEM front lip (bit of a shame really but with the new suspension, the bomex lip wouldnt have lasted 2 minutes!)

Refurbished my headlight inserts. They were pretty yellowed and the original chromed finish inside is rotten in my opinion. I also didnt feel the colour of the car would suit black (facelift style) inserts so went for a gunmetal grey instead.

Polished them once they were back on the car

Finally found the wheels I was looking for! 17X8/9 Work Emotion CR Kai's in flat bronze

Sorted out a couple of daft things which were annoying me such as the clear side repeaters and the front and rear plates and then dropped it off with Andrew Baird at Automek to have all the work carried out and it came back looking like this...

Feeling pretty content with it at this stage except for the stock supra front seats which arent exactly supportive. Never been a fan of the OEM recaro's with the crayola pattern and in keeping with the colour of the car, picked up a set of Evo 7 Recaro's.

Fitted the seats, gave her a bath, went out to take some pics, just before the rain came on (the joys of living in Scotland)

I'm not really planning on doing much more, quite pleased with the way it looks / drives just now and I aside from the odd notion to go NA-T, I dont see sense in throwing money at it when I've got my heart set on a proper TT. I reckon i'll enjoy the summer in it and then make plans to "upgrade". Been such a joy to own thus far! Comments / Crit more than welcome!

Edited by kev_coupe
title change (see edit history)

Never seen this car. Where in the Central belt are you buddy!?

Check out the Scottish section if you haven't already and add your name to the Scottish members list and to any of the shows/meets you fancy coming to. Would be good to see this in the flesh.:thumbs:

Never seen this car. Where in the Central belt are you buddy!?

Check out the Scottish section if you haven't already and add your name to the Scottish members list and to any of the shows/meets you fancy coming to. Would be good to see this in the flesh.:thumbs:

I'm in East Kilbride mate, not a million miles from you if youre locations up to date!

I'll do that, would love to get along to a meet once some of the better weather comes in haha!

Very nice. Seats look so good! May I ask what rails they are mounted on?

Evo Rails with supra brackets. Was pretty straight forward once I had the 2 seats out and lying on their backs for reference. Made some measurements, unbolted the evo brackets, drilled out the welds on the supra brackets and bolted them to the evo rails. The RHR mount had to be relocated slightly further forward but the rest just bolted in where the old ones came out. Should probably have taken some pictures at the time but didnt bother my arse!

I'm sure i've seen you round about the Burnside area. In fact, were you passing by Overtoun Park on Tuesday? Clocked a Supra going past me down the big hill but couldn't make out the colour or that.

Anyways, nice car! Hopefully see you at a few meets this year :)

that would have been me! Aye I'll hopefully get out to a meet or 2, put some names to faces!

Evo Rails with supra brackets. Was pretty straight forward once I had the 2 seats out and lying on their backs for reference. Made some measurements, unbolted the evo brackets, drilled out the welds on the supra brackets and bolted them to the evo rails. The RHR mount had to be relocated slightly further forward but the rest just bolted in where the old ones came out. Should probably have taken some pictures at the time but didnt bother my arse!

Ahh cool. Thanks! :thumbs:

I think im going to have to get some of these, bring the interior right up to date!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Almost a year since I last updated this. I made a decision a while back that I was going to go NA-T. I sold the CR Kai's and got some OEM 17's to replace them

I picked up a GE engine from a 65k mile auto car to build up whilst still retaining the use of my car and so started collecting the best parts I could afford to go ahead with the conversion!

After reading through various build threads on here I opted for the following and started to build up a hoard of parts

Whifbitz NA-T log manifold

Borg Warner s360 Turbo

Tial 44mm wastegate (sprung to 0.7 bar)

TT head gasket

ARP head studs

TT inlet manifold on modified NA runners w/ TT throttlebody

TT cam covers

TT coilpack conversion

3" Exhaust

Decat pipe

3" Downpipe with Borg warner 4.21" Flange

10an oil return welded on

Spec stage 3 clutch

Cliché pile of bits shot!

Cleaned up the new block and started to put things together

The TT inlet manifold had been modified by Pulley on here and bolted up no bother at all

I also picked up some purple top rx7 550cc injectors and had them cleaned and flow tested before dropping them into the GE fuel rail

Because the N/A head doesn't have provision to hold down the coil packs, I had a bracket machined to house them and trail fitted along with the cam covers

With most of the hard work done, it was time to get the engine out the car, ready for the transplant

Engine bay all painted while the engine was out, would have been rude not to

Home

Custom downpipe fabricated, bungs for o2 sensor and AEM Wideband welded in and then all covered in heat wrap before being fitted

2JZ GTE ECU wired in with a vvti igniter to work the coil packs

Almost done

I also started to take care of some of the aesthetics of the car, in particular the headlights which had started to peel inside (shite DIY job on my part)

and when a set of 5 Defi's with the link controller came up on here, I couldn't resist

quickly followed by a Border upper glove box gauge pod

I spent Saturday wiring in my o2 sensor to the new ECU, undersealing the car, bleeding the cooling system etc... and I managed to get the car out for a quick blast up and down the estate!

and I've also got an Emanage Ultimate which has to be wired in before the car can go to be mapped, although I'm shocked at how well it drives on the stock ECU??

I really wish I'd taken more pictures of things along the way (battery relocation, FMIC, FFIM, wire tuck etc...) but you know how it is, end up getting carried away and think its a waste of time until its too late!

MOT time next week and more updates / pictures to follow