The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TomSupra's Project Thread

tomsupra1

Hi, Going to do a build thread for my supra. First up, a couple of photos of previous cars I had:

MG ZR 1.4:

BMW 318iS:

Nova 2.0 16v:

I got the Supra in October 2012, and it had been stood for 3 years with a broken fuel pump. A used one was purchased off Keron and it fired straight into life on the first turn of the key! After that it was sent for a good service and an MOT, which it passed after new brake pads. Picture below of how I got it:

Its a NA manual, which was imported apparently in 2005 (unsure how to confirm this) and had done 96,000 miles when I got it.

Within a few weeks I fitted a set of Rotas, exhaust, snap off steering wheel and some yellow bilsteins and lowering springs. Not many update pictures for these works, apart from the below:

Then I had my first and (touch wood) only breakdown. The battery worked loose and positive fell off :

Next up was a splitter, along with sticker numberplate:

Then I had a slight bump with a lampost and kurb. Ruined 2 of the rotas and required a bit of body work. So, im having the skirts all resprayed, Ridox replica front bumper and TRD replica rear spoiler. Also got a cheap set of 19s for the time being, until I find a set of Rota Torques or something similar:

Body work should be finished this week, and then i am having a NA-T kit fitted, which I collect from berg this weekend. Getting excited about having it back now, and also got the following parts to fit when I get the car back:

- Glass Headlights, which have been refurbed.

- Oil temp, pressure and water temp gauges and HKS glovebox gauge holder

- Double Din TV headunit

- Rear number plate surrounds

- Front Strutbrace

- S2000 aerial

Im on the lookout now for a set of Rota Torques and some coilovers, however have just put deposit on a new house so times are hard currently!

Thanks for looking :D

Edited by tomsupra1 (see edit history)

looks cracking mate, berg ran some good figures with his na-t so hopefulyl you can do the same!

Yes, hoping for around 390-400 :D

- - - Updated - - -

Took me a minute to get that haha :D

- - - Updated - - -

How does the TRD rear bumper differ from a standard item?

Doh! Meant to say TRD rear spoiler!

Starting to like this thread more and more :D

If any mod would like to change the project thread name, there are more than welcome lol.

You don't need a mod to do that.

Go to your first post and click edit, then go advanced and you will then see you can change the thread title. :)

• 2 weeks later...