The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White NA to single turbo build

Eldon02

Just a quick story how I got hold of the Supra, NA manual 1994 (imported 2006)

I bought it last year in june from a jap importer near the m65 (cannot remember the name of the garage)

when I was due to leave the navy, I only had over a month left to go so was doing my resettlement at the time. so I had plenty of "cough cough" free time! Time to go up from Portsmouth to the garage (north Manchester)

Out of no where I get called up to go back on ship for the last month of my resettlement, as once again the government cut to many people and low and behold we were stupidly short on man power!!! This was Thursday afternoon I got told and I had to be at Plymouth for Friday evening at the latest as the ship was leaving stupid o clock Saturday morning. So I got the train Thursday evening back to mine back in bath to grab the money. Then caught the 7am train from bath to north Manchester took 6 and half hours to get there usual delays along the way! The salesman picked me up from the station in the supra and I drove it back to the garage as I wanted a test drive (Instantly fell in love with it) done a deal with him 30minutes later for £2700! It had 87k (converted from km to miles) paint work wasn't the best but had 12months mot. Once I had the keys in my hand I rang the insurance company paid the insurance and just had to get tax but due to car being a import the online tax wouldn't register so I had to run to the library and print off the insurance documents and then go to the local post office and do it the old school way! Then away I was gunning it back down the the m65 then m6 and then on to the m5 to brean as my best mate was on holiday there're id always promised him first ride in the supra. After that quick blast around brean (it's now 8pm) I then had to pick the misses up from Bristol airport at 11pm (Alright for some going on holiday) I took her home listened to her talk about her holiday and then give her a good seeing to then left for plymouth.

I didnt get down Plymouth base till 3am Saturday morning! And I only 2hours sleep till everyone had to be up! Talk about a long day driving. Then that was the supra stood still for a whole month till I got back, gutted I only had the day to drive her but I would not of had any other time to get her after I got back as I would of left he navy that same Friday.

There's a picture of it next to the ship.

Sorry to bore the hell out of you with that story but I get the car of my dreams and I only get her for one day, I was quite sad about.

Anyway now on to the good part I returned after being away got her back and I enjoyed every minute driving her to my new job in civvie street and just driving with mates on the weekend! Just before Xmas the bottom end started making a rattle noise so It gave me the excuse to rebuild the whole car my way and drop a single turbo lump in there down the line. It's all in bits and pieces at the minute as I'm getting it read for my uncle to kindly powder coat the front and rear crossmember , plus additional bits that I might throw in yet.

I've already got the centre console flocked and have new leather gaiters for the gear stick and handbrake (not installed yet) Lee from fcm in Bristol Is doing the rest of the flocking on the dash when ever I can get chance to take it to him.

Latest up date from the pictures, only the block is left in place and the wiring is all going to hidden as I like the clean smooth engine bay look (the kraken supra is amazing) engine loom is out, will be for sale soon amongst other items.

In the near future I will be looking to get hold of a v160 and a GTE block not bothered if it has the turbos with it! Just gotta get the engine bay smoothed and painted first.

Next job is to put the fuse box in the bottom glove box. Can't beat a bit of wiring :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Eldon02 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...