The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syncro going or clutch related?

Graham1984

I have noticed my gear changes have become a bit of a PITA especially reverse when it is cold. The gear change in 2nd and 4th to 3rd feels a tad odd too. I have been snooping about and wondered if it was possibly clutch related or are the synchro's going/gone?

The clutch was replaced last year iirc...... any ideas?

I've just had a quick read on tsrm the troubleshoot on the w58 points to a worn synchro ring or a worn shifter key spring but from what you have said I still think it's clutch related how does the clutch feel? Any loss of fluid gearbox or clutch? How many miles has your supra done?

What gearbox oil did you use mate? Did you notice this before or after you changed it?

It was a 75w 90 iirc, the issue was there before hand, my gearshift cradle had broken which was being replaced at the time.

Sure its not a V160? :D :p

I might tell myself that's what it is, can't wait to try out 6th now when hammering it :D