The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quad gauge pod

Mk4Gaz

Thought I'd have a play around with another custom gauge pod, I've seen similar ones floating about.

I've tried to keep it flowing with the lines of the dash, and once it's been trimmed in black vinyl, I think it could look quite smart.

Test pics on my spare dash. The circles depict either 52 or 60mm gauges

I've left a provisional area where I can drill a hole to route the wires, one of my pet hates is seeing wires hanging around.

I've made it fit right into the dash, so it flows better, instead of just looking 'chucked on'

The idea all along was to avoid using screws, and be able to stick not on with double sided tape or something similar. I don't know how feasible this is regarding glue becoming soft in summer?

Test fitted to my car

I know it won't be to everyone's taste, but it should look much better when retrimmed

Edited by Mk4Gaz (see edit history)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the good feedback guys :thumbs:

I only screwed it to the spare dash, purely to hold it whilst I sanded and finalised the shape. In the test fit pics of my dash in the car, it's held with double sided tape. I'm thinking a couple of blobs of hot glue will hold it, with maybe 1 small screw in the bottom, where the hole would never be seen.

Hot glue peels away easily with a small amount of rubbing alcohol, leaving no trace behind, should it ever need to be removed.

I'm going to take a mould of it, then make another one. Then get busy with the sewing machine and some black leatherette!

Edited by Mk4Gaz (see edit history)

Thanks for the good feedback guys :thumbs:

I only screwed it to the spare dash, purely to hold it whilst I sanded and finalised the shape. In the test for pics of my dash in the car, it's held with double sided tape. I'm thinking a couple of blobs of hot glue will hold it, with maybe 1 small screw in the bottom, where the hole would never be seen.

Hot glue peels away easily with a small amount of running alcohol, leaving no trace behind ;)

Excellent stuff mate..

Defnitely looking forward to seeing the finished product...

I have a 3 gauge pod in the same location, have a 4th gauge which I have no idea on where to install, this would solve the problem!