The mkiv Supra Owners Club

buyin a mk 4

Guest bobby

hey guys n gals.. i'm bobby n new 2 this site :)

lookin at buyin a mk4 supra tt uk spec

after a uk spec one for insurance reason's unless u lot can help out ..

movin over from a few year's with vauxhall's currently got a throttle boddied astra gsi so it's no slouch.. but think i'm growin up n want some comfort.. lol :p

so any help on buyin and what 2 look 4 would b great do they have any major problem's

i know u kid's can help me out so plz do n hope 2 b a regular on this forum... cheer's bobby :D

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:)

Take time to read up here m8 and dont feel obligated to get a UK spec; J spec are just as cheap/er to insure.

£250 quid cheaper on a stock UK spec compared to a jspec (aged 43). UK ones are always cheaper. Its mods that can put prices up :innocent: But against that the jspec ones are almost always lower mileage and theyve never been driven on roads with the body cancer thats known as SALT. (Unless you get a one thats been in the UK a while :D )

well guy's thanx 4 some replies

got some good insurance quote's from elephant

on a std uk spec twin turbo 6spd man.. 613.75

or on a uk mod twin turbo 6spd man.. with diff alloy's, body kit, exhaust,filter.. 695.95

i'm payin over 800.00 on my astra so well happy with then quote's

i'm 25 by the way..

so now need help on what 2 look 4

thank's guy for some reply's

n bobeh... hahahha nope u change your's :p

i think i'd like a uk spec 1 i'll find what i'm lookin 4 might take a while but i have faith..

i am new 2 the supra so from look's alone what are the diff from uk to jap car's..

is there any bad point's on the supra what do i need 2 look 4 when poss buyin ..

come on guy's more help needed on the car other than insurance purposes...

Originally posted by bobby

i am new 2 the supra so from look's alone what are the diff from uk to jap car's..

is there any bad point's on the supra what do i need 2 look 4 when poss buyin ..

come on guy's more help needed on the car other than insurance purposes...

Hi Bobby

Read your way through this lot http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

It should answer most of your questions.

Welcome Bobby.........Best thing is to look and try as many cars as you can.

Basically with the UK spec you get everything as standard. Leather, heated seats, lamp washers (dildos) and dont forget bigger better brakes.

Plus they have steel turbos whereas the Japs have various trim levels with ceramic turbos.

Im sure whichever you decide on you will enjoy.

Dave

:flame Dev

Originally posted by RoGuE

well cum b0be.

u're gon na hav lotsa fun wiv u're new soopra!

Common - enough of the txt speak, we're grown ups around here!

I'm glad I wasn't the first to think that :rolleyes:

Its nice to be able to read this forum and not have to decipher it, or are we heading to Chav speak the cheaper supra's get...........