The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all! A Supra WILL be my next car!

Guest Bentley

Guest Bentley

Hi everyone, been on here a while reading up and doing some research, thought id finally introduce myself :)

Im Chris from Hartlepool, ive got a massive liking for Supra's and im going to try my best to make it my next car! I do want a manual UK spec TT but they are getting hard to come by and expensive so ill get saving lol

My current car is a Civic VTI (EM1) I did have plans to turbo it but im thinking of ditching that idea and bolting on the Integra head Ive bought to get a few more ponies and then leave the car how it is, anywhere heres a few pics if anyone is interested :)

Guest Bentley

thanks guys :) it should be about 180bhp ish after the integra cams are in etc not bad for a 1.6 N/A lol yeah i spent some time on it last year, powdercoating parts and steam cleaning :)

it will be a while yet, the next year or 2 as ive got a lot of saving to do!

and a manual either a 5 or 6 speed, and a uk spec since they come more equipped with the bigger brakes etc are the auto boxes good? very responsive when you put your foot down?

TT supras are 6 speed only, 5 speeds came in the N/As

The auto box is a fine box indeed, as for the more stuff on the uk spec, the cost of buying one outweighs the extra bits you can bolt on, unless you really want headlight washers and heated seats.

I loved my uk spec but it really wasnt all the different to the jspecs i have owned.

thanks guys :) it should be about 180bhp ish after the integra cams are in etc not bad for a 1.6 N/A lol yeah i spent some time on it last year, powdercoating parts and steam cleaning :)

it will be a while yet, the next year or 2 as ive got a lot of saving to do!

and a manual either a 5 or 6 speed, and a uk spec since they come more equipped with the bigger brakes etc are the auto boxes good? very responsive when you put your foot down?

Oh yes they are particularly in BPU - 2nd turbo kick down will make you Kak your pants:D

Guest Bentley

hmm well thats got me thinking a bit now, looks like a import would be better and then just get the extras that i want at a later date. and yeah i dont want the heated seats lol id be getting some Recaros or something similar

how hard is it to do a manual conversion on a auto? just curious, im guessing the boxes dont come up for sale much?

Guest Bentley

Wow that's a lot of money, I'll have to test test drive an auto and see what they are like, are they all triptonic so you can change it up and down when you want rather than when it sensors your foot being planted?

Wow that's a lot of money, I'll have to test test drive an auto and see what they are like, are they all triptonic so you can change it up and down when you want rather than when it sensors your foot being planted?

You have Manu mode, the facelift cars have tip on the wheel to change up and down, i have never tried one so couldnt comment.

Unless you want a track car the auto box is just fine and dandy, the 6 speed is clunky as hell. IMO

Click the blue text above and it will explain the auto box far better than anything i can tell you

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

You have 1-2-D gears and overdrive, 1-2 are awesome for burnouts and a proper rev building launch haha, if thats not enough to convince you then i dont know what is :D I will have my supra back on the road next month providing the weathers abit better, if your in no rush il be happy to take you out in it to show you what the autos like

Guest Bentley

Sounds quite good to me then, it wouldn't be for track, I've had my Civic for years now and it's never seen a track, it's basically going to be my new pride and joy :)

Wow thanks Dixon that's very kind of you, I see your only round the corner at Durham to, be nice to have a proper look around a supra, the ins and outs :)

Welcome to the club, lovely EM1 you have there. :)

Might be best if you went along to a local Supra meet. Will give you an idea about the cars and I am sure if you are nice enough they will take you out for a spin.

As others have said, don't discount the auto. It is a fantastic gearbox, just as quick as the auto's & savage on kick down! This is coming from someone who has owned both.

Sounds quite good to me then, it wouldn't be for track, I've had my Civic for years now and it's never seen a track, it's basically going to be my new pride and joy :)

Wow thanks Dixon that's very kind of you, I see your only round the corner at Durham to, be nice to have a proper look around a supra, the ins and outs :)

No problem dude, its not much to look at at the minute like but it might make the tranny choice abit easier, il let you know when its back

If you check out the north eadt section too mate theres a north east members thread, with location etc add your self on the list, once the weather sorts itsself out il be looking to sort some meets in the h'pool, stockton area to get the m'bro guys more involved too so keep an eye out for upcoming meets in the next few months ;)

Guest Bentley

Can't view that page I don't have the right privileges lol

Yeah ill get my name down on the north east list and come to a few meets, as long as you don't mind my Civic being parked up haha

Wheres your car at now then Dixon, getting some work done on it?

Can't view that page I don't have the right privileges lol

Yeah ill get my name down on the north east list and come to a few meets, as long as you don't mind my Civic being parked up haha

Wheres your car at now then Dixon, getting some work done on it?

Your more than welcome in the civic mate ;)

Na its just sorned for the winter mate, all the imporovements/work is coming up over the next few months :)

The auto is a great box to use, the only thing I'm not too keen on are the launches off the lights etc. You can't build up the revs before you drop the clutch like you would in a manual. Personally I prefer a manual and will convert my Supra at some point, I only got an auto box as the aerotop was not available in a RHD manual. Test drive both and see what you prefer, and welcome to the club