The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear wing for the Supra - Which one ?

Mgrene

Hello Folks.

Nearly a year ago I bought myself a Supra and I have always been a big fan of the look of a rear wing. Especially GT wing's which I think gives a Supra the right look.

I convinced myself when I bought the car that I will try an see if I could live without a wing and the conclusion is no.

The previous owner (Jamie P.) had mounted a Sard GT wing and yes it looks OK but I think the wing is too high (If you know what I mean).

I really dig the Do-Luck wing but something inbetween the Sard and Do-Luck would be perfect.

I did some search on E-bay and noticed this wing (ARP GTC-500). Does any of you have any experince with this wing? I know it is mounted on the Whifbitz Supra and it doesn't look lower than the Sard GT wing.

Your suggestions are more than welcome.

This is how the car looks today:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180733&stc=1&d=1392243029

This is how the car looked liked with the Sard wing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180734&stc=1&d=1392243029

The APR wing is just as high. I didn't like it either, so created some custom brackets to hold it much lower (do-luck style).

You can buy different height legs direct from APR ;)

Then maybe this is the solution. Either by lower height legs or custom make some :-)

EDIT: Do you have any pictures ?

Edited by Mgrene (see edit history)

The Whifbitz car is an APR GT300 wing, not the 500. The 500 is wider. I had the 300 off SteveL's car when he broke it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/y2ybypyz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/14/y8eve3a5.jpg

The nice thing about this wing is that it can't be seen from inside the car so rear view not obstructed. Useful for spotting plod.

Do you know the specs on the brackets? If I look at APR homepage, it is possible to purchase new brackets with the measurement 8" whatever that means?

Do you know the specs on the brackets? If I look at APR homepage, it is possible to purchase new brackets with the measurement 8" whatever that means?

Check with Paul at Whifbitz for the brackets, but 8" or 20cm in new money sounds about right for the height of the arms on mine.

Edited by sideexitsupra (see edit history)

I like the above best! Not seen any updates on your car sideexitsupra for ages! Are those harness I see in the back window? Where do you have them linked to?

The car is long gone buddy, went to Sweden via Keron 10 months ago :-(. Just wasn't using it. Some bits on Carbon Bullets beast now, wing went to Jay and Mike (msw) had seats, harnesses plus other bits for his white wide body project

Harnesses were attached to the cage, but before the cage was in, they were attached to the rear seatbelt locations, Paul Whiffin installed them and he replaced the std bolts with ones with the ring tops.

Thread hijack over!