The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulleys

scott87

The T.T. alternator pulley is a nodger larger, Shane posted about it and the slightly different length belts.

It just so happens that the alternator pulley I have for sale I think is N/A size.

How much bigger? Can the tensioner not just be loosened off slightly to compensate?

If the set isn't suitable i will just apologise to the seller and pull out of the transaction and pay the fees, literally last second buy as it was cheap. Didnt have chance to check first.

I put tt alternators on both my NAs becuase Germany only had tt supras. can confirm that there is no issues with the belts whatsoever.

There's the wrong answer he's been waiting for! :)

What's so difficult with simply changing the belt and doing it almost properly?

If you're scrimping, I bet you could pick up a used one up for a pint.

Or you could save the cost of a new belt and buy a used yet still nice and shiny and pretty N/A size aluminium pulley with a trendy label at 75% off retail price. :D

Edited by David P (see edit history)

There's the wrong answer he's been waiting for! :)

What's so difficult with simply changing the belt and doing it almost properly?

If you're scrimping, I bet you could pick up a used one up for a pint.

Or you could save the cost of a new belt and buy a used yet still nice and shiny and pretty N/A size aluminium pulley with a trendy label at 75% off retail price. :D

Thanks David, i'll grab a second hand belt if i can then, or just not swap the alternator pulley.

i bought the entire set for less than 30quid so dont really want to pay another 30odd for one pulley. It was an impulse ebay buy :rolleyes: Thanks for your tech help as always! Im sure if i cant grab a cheap used belt a new tt one will be peanuts anyway :)

:think: And I thought; my pulley for less than you may pay for a belt sales-patter, was going so well. :D

Oh really I was expecting an aux belt to be around 9quid new. If that is the case I'll come back to you, would rather buy metal for 30quid than rubber or nylon whatever it's made from!

*edit*

11 quid for a belt.

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)